• Breaking News

    Monday, November 25, 2019

    The Legend of Zelda | Today is Merchandise Monday. So you can post your collections, boxes, photos of your game, a cool t-shirt your found, etc today only! - November 25, 2019

    The Legend of Zelda | Today is Merchandise Monday. So you can post your collections, boxes, photos of your game, a cool t-shirt your found, etc today only! - November 25, 2019


    Today is Merchandise Monday. So you can post your collections, boxes, photos of your game, a cool t-shirt your found, etc today only! - November 25, 2019

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 01:06 AM PST

    From the rule in the sidebar:

    Feel free to post news about new official merchandise whenever you like but for unofficial goods, or photos of your personal collection, please post them on Merchandise Mondays.

    The sub gets filled with people taking photos of their collections, their amiibos, their copy of [insert game here] as well as people wanting to sell you stuff. So we limit it to Monday's so it doesn't over take the sub.

    Brand new official merchandise announcements are allowed any day of the week, just unofficial merch or photos of your own merch is limited to today!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    [BotW] something I just now realized....

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 01:24 PM PST

    I'm sure most of us already know this, but it didn't occur to me until now: Zelda goes to pray at Mount Lanayru on her 17th birthday. The Calamity occurs shortly after returning from the summit.

    Did the apocalyptic events that transpired that day happen on Zeldas freaking BIRTHDAY?

    submitted by /u/brandonisi
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW] Got the all BoTW DLC, but haven't even beaten the game yet. So what should i do first?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 12:42 PM PST

    All ready got the teleport medallion, but i'm unsure as to what i should do next.(Besides all those other little extra sidequests) I was thinking about doing "The Champion's Ballad", since i'd get that bike, which might make traversing through Hyrule more fun. But i was also thinking of just finally going to Hyrule Castle and defeating Calamity Ganon. So yeah, what would you guys recommend to me?

    submitted by /u/SuperMarioHack
    [link] [comments]

    What quotes have stuck out to you the most? [ALL]

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 06:46 PM PST

    For me, it's always going to be "Courage need not be remembered, for it is never forgotten" Edit: I meant from Zelda, whoops

    submitted by /u/Hydrate_or_diedrate
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW] Which tower has the best view and why?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 01:54 PM PST

    [All] What dungeon got you stuck for the most time?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 03:17 PM PST

    [BoTW] Any PC Breath of the Wild mods that restore Hyrule Castle to it's former glory post game?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 01:43 AM PST

    I finished the game twice on Switch, I just wanna roam around in it. The assets obviously exist, some of the memory cut scenes show it in pristine condition, I know this wouldn't be an option on Switch, did the boundary break guy ever do it?

    submitted by /u/Oldmancharlesworth
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Next generation of Zelda games

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 01:32 AM PST

    Something a bit different, but I just wanted to share some of my thoughts on something that's been going through my brain since BotW's release. While I love BotW, I do find issues with the game. Namely in that it felt a bit empty. But I was ok with this, because the mechanics, art style, and gameplay made up for this fact. And it got me thinking; if this is the new standard for 3D Zelda games, imagine what future installments are going to be like! And this was compounded by the recent release of Link's Awakening on the Switch, which showcased how future 2D Zelda games can look (Not that they will all look like that, but it's the potential for it)

    So what I wanted to talk about was some thing's I hoped to see in upcoming Zelda titles, whether or not I actually get them is another thing, but still an interesting thought, since this is my all-time favorite series, and I enjoy spending my time thinking of stuff like that. I would also like to hear what you guys are hoping to get out of future Zelda games!

    My first idea as soon as I started thinking about this was; What if they released a new Adult Timeline game, set in the future past Train Tracks? Going back to the roots of traveling the sea, but with a few twists. The game would have an engine similar to BotW, having similar if not more advanced physics. Wind effect and direction. I pictured it taking place in the coastal region south of the Continent of New Hyrule (Think the equivalent of the Caribbean Sea). Wind direction, water physics, weight, and speed would play a huge roll here, which was something we saw at least part of in BotW with the Korok Leaf, and water levels. You would be able to climb everything, as you would in BotW, and travel a vast ocean with many hazards/islands/boats along the way, as one did in WW. A sort of weird cross up of Breath of the Wild, Wind Waker, and Assassin's Creed: Black Flag if you can get behind that.

    My second would be a proper sequel to Twilight Princess. It was my favorite installment of the series, and had a great story that I loved, and would love so much play a roll in a game using what we had learned and made for BotW. I picture it being very much like BotW, but maybe with a bit less open worldness to it. Now, don't get me wrong! The open world feel of BotW was amazing, but because of it, much of the world felt empty, and the story felt flat. A sacrifice that was sorta needed for such a great game. But I picture, and hope, that this imaginary game I'm thinking of, that we pull it back a bit and bring back more of that grand story telling. Don't lock areas off, of course, nothing kills exploration then a wall telling you to come back later, but I would want to see the world and story more full. Roaming monsters, a damaged land with many crevices, DUNGEONS (Dear god how I missed dungeons... Hyrule Castle in BotW was the only one I would consider a dungeon) and CAVES. And I'me talking caves like LttP or ALBW, not OoT lol. But having something that plays like a mix of Twilight Princess (with it's large amounts of items of combat forms. Story and dungeons), and Breath of the Wild (Exploration, Physics engine, Combat) Would be a dream come true!

    So what do you think could be the future of Zelda games? What has the recent Zelda installments came out to give you hope for the future? Let us know, and share your thoughts. This has been bouncing around in my mind for a long time now, and I want to know what other Zelda fans have in theirs.

    submitted by /u/austsiannodel
    [link] [comments]

    [Other] What’s the best Zelda and Link Merchandise to buy for a child’s Christmas

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 12:55 AM PST

    My child is really into Zelda and Link, even dressed up for Halloween as them. Has the Amiibos too.

    Was going to get the Limited Edition Zelda 2DS with Ocarina of Time installed for Christmas. But the mark up is a lot for new and most are used, worried about their condition. Tried bidding on eBay and was constantly outbid over 100$ easy every time.

    What would be some great Zelda merchandise to get a 4 to 5 year old child on Zelda that would be fun, and anything educational would be a bonus.

    submitted by /u/Kazemel89
    [link] [comments]

    [Botw] What's your honest opinion about master mode after really getting into it?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 02:41 PM PST

    I've been playing it and had a lot of fun once i could actually get decent weapons and after 2 years it was nice to replay the game, but one thing bothered me a lot about it. The regen health, now its an okay feature but i feel the way they implimented it so loosely in a game like this was done bad.

    For example, in bosses, if you're fighting one and it just so happens to teleport away, and then do it again because you were too aggressive and got too close too early, the health starts to regen and you had no way of trying to get a hit in time because of invincibility.

    Another nitpick is that frozen enemies don't slowly take damage so even if they're frozen solid they still regain health.

    And the ragdoll feature should've just straight up been removed or heavily damaging to enemies, one can ragdoll down a mountain and continue rolling but the moment you can even catch up to him, his health is regenerated, that plus the fact that weapons are still vanilla in most places make battles feel tedious and unrewarding.

    But when avoiding enemies the game was fun, being able to whistle for the horse wherever i wanted was a feature i loved because it made getting the perfect horse worth it, and the teleport pad was a great way to get back up to a hard spot when needed.

    But overall what do you guys feel about it? I haven't heard many people discuss it lately and i just got around to playing it so I'd love to hear what you think.

    submitted by /u/throwawaypupper9
    [link] [comments]

    [WW] I just deleted my save game after starting the Earth temple. Waiting for HD remix on Switch

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 11:16 PM PST

    The game is great but all the sailing on the original GameCube is so tedious to me now, plus to scour the ocean for a Triforce shard only to bring up another map. And five more times compared to HD? Pass.

    The constant wind changing, the constant map switching, being knocked out of the boat over and over, having to track down a single fish to rehear what he has to say, not having a clue what the flower pots are for, ugh. I beat the game back in 2003 when it came out but I'd much rather wait for the HD rerelease on the Switch whenever it comes than look at all the blurry graphics and fight with a clunky GUI again. Here's hoping it will come out next year with Twilight Princess. That should give me enough time to forget all the grinding. Why would an ice arrow that can literally freeze an entire volcano not be able to freeze the fireplace on the oasis? Why would I even look to the ceiling when the wall puzzles are the main eye-catchers. Ugh.

    Is Skyward Sword any better? It's next. I ordered the Wii Mote + a copy from amazon.

    submitted by /u/SilverBlazed
    [link] [comments]

    Help reddit [BoTW]

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 03:01 PM PST

    Should I buy the BoTW DLC or should I buy another game for 20 bucks

    submitted by /u/vic_mac
    [link] [comments]

    [BOTW] Just realized something about hyrule

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 10:49 PM PST

    Hyrule doomed because of calamity.

    but not in the way you thonk.

    So,hyrule is a Nation Right? Even Princess Says Kindgom Of Hyrule so its a nation. After calamity defeated,they will rebuilding the "Hyrule" Re-building an entire kingdom from ground-up needs the knowledge of Politics and Economics. guess who dont have these knowledge;

    Princess Zelda .

    so the kingdom/principality will be corrupt as heck

    people will support them(maybe)

    Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

    There is also the fact that there is no colonies in hyrule.

    Like the game passes in earth right? and we know it passes in a much modern time(1700-1800s maybe?) we should have seen some british/spanish people in hyrule

    this dont thinked by devs lmao

    submitted by /u/justalperen
    [link] [comments]

    [LAHD] Does retrying add a death?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 02:46 PM PST

    I was trying to do a no-death hero-mode run and died in the thief's cave (Early, I know). Then I went to the death menu, and there was "Retry" or "Save and quit". I hit retry and completed the cave and saved the game. But on the menu screen it says I don't have any deaths. Does hitting retry not save the death?

    EDIT: Sorry, this was a while ago and I remembered what happened. After I died, I hit retry and loaded a save from right before the cave and then went through it without dying

    submitted by /u/TheTwistedToast
    [link] [comments]

    [AoL] should Adventures of Link be remade for the Switch just like Links Awakening? If so what art style/improvements should we get?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 04:37 AM PST

    I'm really curious if people want an Adventure of Link remake? I think Link's Awakening was a solid remake with a great style. People kind of forget about the older titles. Especially Zelda 2. I know the Minish Cap and Oracle of Seasons in a similar Style to Link's Awakening would be more likely or popular. But I feel a really good Zelda 2 remake would be dope. Would you keep the platformer style gameplay or make it more top down? Would you change the world map and battles? What art style would fit? I'm super curious what you guys think!

    submitted by /u/swaggawsswag
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment