• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 25, 2020

    The Legend of Zelda | [MM] First time beating The Minish Cap (GBA) :D

    The Legend of Zelda | [MM] First time beating The Minish Cap (GBA) :D


    [MM] First time beating The Minish Cap (GBA) :D

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    [BOTW] just made Link is own personal head scratcher

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    [FS] attempting to draw Four Swords manga panels on a TI-84 calculator during quarantine part 4

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 01:47 PM PDT

    [OOT] such a classic

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 09:48 PM PDT

    [BotW] does anyone know the sauce?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 04:15 PM PDT

    [MM] Majora's Mask is 20 years old this month, and 20 years ago I quit piano after one single lesson just so I could spend all my time playing it. I'm trying to be productive on quarantine so I decided to pick up where I left off. This song seemed like the perfect place to start

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 08:16 PM PDT

    [MM] attempted drawing Majora's Mask

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 10:38 PM PDT

    [OC] Anyway, so here’s wonderwall

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 12:13 AM PDT

    [OoT] the bulb said there is a fairy on death mountain

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 01:17 AM PDT

    [OC] I have been working on some album cover mashups and this is my latest

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    [ALBW] [OC] some link and ravio fanart (warning: some ending spoilers!)

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 09:18 PM PDT

    [FS] attempting to draw Four Swords manga panels on a TI-84 calculator during quarantine part 1

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    [BoTW] Taking the Giant Horse on an adventure through Hyrule

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 10:09 PM PDT

    [BOTW] OC - Part 3 of 14 of my poster series! The Beautiful Akkala Region!

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    [BotW] First time I got a weapon stronger than the Master Sword, should I use it or keep it? Has this happened to any of you guys?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 02:15 AM PDT

    [ST] Is there any Real World basis for the Steel Train's Design?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 06:50 PM PDT

    [FS] attempting to draw Four Swords manga panels on a TI-84 calculator during quarantine part 2

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 11:59 AM PDT

    [SS] I drew Fi for that Six Fan Art challenge

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 08:15 AM PDT

    [BoTW] New Winter Gear by Belldannie

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    [OoT] The flow of time is always cruel... My[OC] fanart. Took me a month to finish, but it's finally done! I tried to draw what they both felt at that moment in the scene. This moment in the game will forever be ingraved in my mind. My favorite Zelda game growing up.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 08:00 PM PDT

    [OC] Just drawn Zelda as the hero of the game

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 03:41 PM PDT

    [LA] Just beat Link's Awakening DX for the first time!

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 10:59 PM PDT

    This game was pretty enjoyable at times! The dungeons, especially in the first half, were fun and had a lot of variety to them. I really liked the characters, it looks like the Wind Fish was a fan of both Zelda and Mario when he slept, haha. The overworld was nice and distinctive, and had a lot of Zelda 1 vibes (which makes sense, since it was initially released as the only GB Classic Zelda game). The seashells were classic Zelda hidden, and I'll admit I never got the Koholint sword. Not for lack of trying. The music was nice, the bosses were fun, and the Roc's Feather is a really broken weapon in the game lol. It trivialized the last form of the final boss, after I had initially had troubles with it before just reverting back to my tried and true method of jumping and slashing.

    However, there were a few things that really annoyed me, and reminded me that I was playing a GB Zelda game. Whenever you touched a pot or a rock by accident, and you didn't have the power ring equipped, that damned message that wastes 10 seconds of your time every single occurence got on my nerves FAST. Enemy hitboxes were jank especially when they jumped in the air, and the Eagle Tower was the least fun I've ever had in a Zelda dungeon. The later dungeons reeked of NES era bullshit you'd find in a game like Zelda 1 or 2. Like that one enemy in the Turtle Rock dungeon that could punch you back to the start of the entire dungeon, and then heal himself? Get out of my face.

    All in all, it was decent enough. I think it got the most it possibly could have out of the Game Boy, which is commendable in itself. The ending is really nice. I liked being thanked by the devs, haha. Just barely better than average, 5.5/10, will play again on the Switch eventually.

    submitted by /u/DozerSSB
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment