• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 2, 2020

    The Legend of Zelda | [TP] Not a great pic but here's my cosplay of the Hero of Twilight!

    The Legend of Zelda | [TP] Not a great pic but here's my cosplay of the Hero of Twilight!


    [TP] Not a great pic but here's my cosplay of the Hero of Twilight!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 10:25 PM PDT

    [BoTW] Both are great games

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    [OoT] I love that game, Ocarina of Time is my all time favorite. Hope you guys like my work :)

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:45 PM PDT

    [other] Does anyone remember this? Did these guys ever reply to the art drawn of them? I want to create storys about these guys. This was drawn by u/txepvi

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 10:39 PM PDT

    [BoTW] So I landed an insane shot in the Mirro Shaz shrine...

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    [OC] Toon Link I doodled

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 04:52 PM PDT

    [BoTW] made a Hylian shield

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 06:50 PM PDT

    [BoTW] When you catch that exact moment

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 12:41 AM PDT

    [OC] hand carved wooden deku mask, just need to paint.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 10:18 PM PDT

    [ALTTP] I think it’s safe to say that Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda game....

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 08:13 PM PDT

    [ALL] [OC] You got a rupee!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    [OC][ALL] I did this drawing of the Link I hope you enjoy my work

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:53 PM PDT

    [BoTW] There’s a part in Pixar’s ONWARD that reminds me of the Silent Swordswomen quest

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:38 PM PDT

    [BoTW] The fairies will help any guy in green, right? [OC]

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 01:10 PM PDT

    [MM] We are living a modern day Majora's Mask

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 11:52 PM PDT

    The moon is falling from the sky. Half the citizens deny the pending doom. They spend their 3 remaining days arguing about how they can't cancel the annual festival just because a moon is falling. Some recognize the threat, and try and flee. Some decide to accept their fate and are going to watch the apocalypse from the front row. Some soldiers are forced to keep their posts and they do til the bitter end, knees shaking, as the moon crashes and kills everyone.

    At least, that's what would have happened if the hero didn't save everyone by wearing his masks, and healing people through music.

    He heals an enraged chief and prevents him from murdering a scapegoat. He heals the shame of a failed hero. He heals a voice. He helps people say goodbye, let go, and move on. He heals the heart of a shunned child who put on an evil mask, and was taking his loneliness out on the world. Through friendship the child is healed, which ultimately is what saves the world.

    The second coming of the Breath of the Wild is near. And when it comes, it could be the healing our world needs at a time like this. Type Amen if you agree.

    submitted by /u/-McJuice-
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW] Boyfriend complained I play too much Zelda and asked to see my playtime. Never searched since the game came out and uhh...

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 10:58 AM PDT

    [TP] I finally got a keyboard with weighted keys and I thought the Title Theme from Twilight Princess would sound beautiful on it... I wasn’t wrong!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:17 PM PDT

    [LoZ] My Ganon redesign

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 02:29 PM PDT

    [MM] Far from my first tattoo, but definitely my favorite! Just wanted to share cuz the artist did an amazing job and I absolutely love it. Hope y’all like it.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:39 AM PDT

    [OoT] [MM] Fanart of the Mutoh (Pixel art)

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 10:46 PM PDT

    [BOTW] recently noticed how massive some of these plants are...

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    [BoTW] Not the reaction I expected

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 10:53 PM PDT

    I've got a young son who's generally interested in fantasy stuff and particularly in videogames. We've dabbled in a lot of games over time, including the original Legend of Zelda and Super Metroid.

    Given some indoor time to kill thanks to COVID-19, I picked up a Switch and a bunch of games to play with him. We watched some trailers for several games, and the one he wanted most was Breath of the Wild.

    He was hooked from the start, and we played through the Great Plateau together. He most enjoyed the monsters and the battles. We spent about two or three evenings a week playing through it in 60-to-90-minute sessions: he wanted to watch a battle with a Talos, then a Hinox, then a Molduga, then a Lynel. He often spent his days drawing crayon pictures of monsters, both those from the game and some rather inspired new ones.

    He started getting bored of shrine quests and side quests and cooking. He can't read yet, and while I voiced the dialogue for him, it was way above his literacy level. He could help with a few of the puzzles, but his patience level is pretty thin. So I kind of curated the experience for him - doing the boring stuff (running shrines and gathering weapons) after his bedtime, and generally figuring out what to show him during the next session.

    Our first Divine Beast encounter amped up his fascination about threefold. He kept asking when we'd encounter the next one. I stretched out the pacing with detours to other interesting places, and injected some dialogue into random conversations about how we had to visit these other places before taking on the next Divine Beast. We saw the most interesting shrines (Shrouded Shrine and Forgotten Temple), and areas (Lost Woods), and side quests (Flown the Coop), and dragons, and memories, and leviathan fossils.

    Tonight was the culmination of a three-session assault on Hyrule Castle. His enthusiasm was redlined all during "Ganon Day" today. I chose a long, winding path through Hyrule Castle to visit every interesting part and to engage in scads of battles.

    We finished. The credits rolled.

    He was really quiet. He didn't say anything for a while. Eventually, he said in a tiny voice that he was sad that Breath of the Wild was over.

    I tried to explain: it's not over! We can load any save point and keep playing. Also, there's DLC, including the motorcycle. Also, BotW2. Also, other LoZes - I teased the stories for Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time - and that we already have another one (Link's Awakening) loaded on the Switch. That perked up his spirits... but only briefly.

    At bedtime, my wife asked him about his favorite part of the day. He started crying. He cried himself to sleep because there's no more Breath of the Wild.

    I... don't know how I feel rn.

    Tonight will pass. I purchased the Expansion Pass tonight, and also Hyrule Warriors. I'm certain that he will want to see them all, and soon I'll convince him to try playing them himself, and we'll be off and running on co-op games for years to come. And I can't wait for the day when the tables are turned and I watch him play through some future Zelda.

    But I'm also certain that BotW will always be his first Zelda, his first real game. Can anything top that experience for a young boy?

    submitted by /u/reckless_commenter
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment