• Breaking News

    Monday, August 31, 2020

    The Legend of Zelda | [OOT] I finally beat the water temple. It only took my whole life.

    The Legend of Zelda | [OOT] I finally beat the water temple. It only took my whole life.


    [OOT] I finally beat the water temple. It only took my whole life.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    Screw the water temple :/

    submitted by /u/Len_r118
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW] What is your favourite of these themes from botw. If it’s other, leave a comment

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 01:46 PM PDT

    I'm just wondering cos music in botw is quite controversial. Feel free to discuss anything...

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/SheikahInventor
    [link] [comments]

    [SS] Just finish SS and can say that it’s my favorite zelda!

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    I'm so happy cause i finally got to finish Skyward Sword and i absolutely LOVED IT. I did play it once like 6 years ago and i think i finished it but i forgot most of the quest cause it had been a long time. i've been wanting to play SS for so long but my wii sadly stopped working so i finally saved some money and bought a new one and it was worth every single penny!

    honestly imo it's the best zelda game, the story is so good and the characters are so well written and presented that during my gameplay i legitimately felt like i had to save zelda asap. i can see why the linearity would annoy some people but honestly i don't have a problem with that, i think the story and the dungeons make up for it. for the motion controls i feel like some people exaggerate how bad they are, yeah they're not the easiest controls in the franchise but i never had a problem with them, the worst thing that happened to me was that i had to double check that i was actually pointing the controller the right way and not just holding it in that direction lol.

    oh and i was trying to finish the game without dying but i did die twice fighting Demise so that sucked :/

    honestly this is my favorite zelda and i give it 10/10 :D

    submitted by /u/Dawey8
    [link] [comments]

    [OoT] Still hate the Water Temple after all these years? Here's a speedrunner destroying it in under 3 minutes

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 02:05 AM PDT

    [ALBW] Why is A Link Between Worlds so overlooked?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 08:27 PM PDT

    I personally LOVE this game. Its not to hard, and if you want a challenge you can do hero mode. The game play i find to be so smooth and fun. And the music... Amazing. Simply amazing. It was a great recreation to A link to the past, and in my opinion better. If you don't like this game that much, I would like to know why.

    submitted by /u/BokoPek
    [link] [comments]

    [MM] In 2000, Nintendo Spain released a whole dedicated VHS to promote Majora's Mask with a VHS called "Tienes 72 horas para salvar el mundo" (You have 72 hours to save the world)

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:25 AM PDT

    [ALL] I know this post is probably going to be deleted but pls help me by telling which is the name of the theme that starts at 3:13 in this video?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:37 AM PDT

    [ALTTP] I defeated Ganon, what now?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    This is my first Zelda game and is there supposed to be a post game? Did my save file actually save? I defeated Ganon and it got stuck in the "The End" screen, then I rebooted it. And now I'm back where I was before I defeated Ganon; but now, it's different because my heart containers are exactly the same when I defeated Ganon and a bottle is empty because I used one in the battle.

    Again, is this normal? This is my first Zelda game so I'm really confused.

    submitted by /u/mtthwcbrl
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Theory: Every game is a variation of the same in-universe mythological tale

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:01 PM PDT

    When Skyward Sword released in 2011, Nintendo has created a guideline on the series about how all these games are canon, finally putting countless fan theories and speculations to end. It is funny that this 'definitive' guideline is still fragile as a house of cards that they had to make three various timelines to make sense of them all and updated several times ever since. Nintendo developers never cared about continuity when they make their games anyway, so why even try? The Legend of Zelda as a concept was always less about Tolkien-esque epic fantasy with a deep, enriching, complicated history, characters, and lore, but about a classical fairy tale archetype, a brave hero rescuing a princess. It shares more commonalities with Conan the Barbarian than The Lord of the Rings. Although Nintendo officially published the Hyrule Historia, it seems apparent that Nintendo themselves realized how fragile that is and rather embraced the nature of 'legend' in their series.

    First, Skyward Sword. Skyward Sword is advertised as an origin story, a prequel to every single Zelda game that set out to explain how Hyrule was created, how Ganon was born, why a boy with green outfits always kills the big baddie and fall in love with Zelda. What is interesting is that Nintendo did this not through a literal historical explanation, but more of a... meta-narrative explanation. In the ending Link destroys Demise, a demonic entity with a humanoid appearance. Before he perishes, Demise puts a curse on Link, that his hatred will not end, but will be reborn in the coming ages, bound to fight Link through generations and millennia.

    You fight like no man or demon I have ever known. Though this is not the end. My hate... never perishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end!

    Link is the Soul of the Hero, Zelda the Soul of the Goddess, and Ganon the Soul of Demise. Three souls, trapped in an endless cycle of reincarnation. Demise reincarnates as Ganon to bring the end of the world, and each time fate sends the Soul of the Hero in a new form to challenge him, with no memories of his past life, and the Soul of the Goddess is sent with him to aid him. Two heroes standing against one dark entity across the sea of time, all of them with no recollection of their past selves. This is quite a different attitude from how Nintendo tried to do something similar in Twilight Princess, where the player Link meets Link from Ocarina of Time, presenting two characters as separate entities. In Skyward Sword, Nintendo acknowledged how The Legend of Zelda has grown to become a 'legend' in the industry in 25 years and conceptualizes these three characters as icons. Hyrule will always be going to have a demonic force trying to invade. Heroic warrior Link, whether he is young, adult, toon, will fight back and save a Princess. Whatever time or setting they are in, these three are cursed to do the same thing as long as Nintendo continues the franchise.

    This leads to Breath of the Wild, a sequel to every single Zelda game, set thousands, tens of thousand years after. Fans have been arguing where this game fits in which timeline before and after the release. Is this Adult Era timeline since it mentions the ancient sea, Rito, and Koroks? Is this Child Era timeline since it mentions Ruto and Twilight Princess? Is this Failed Hero timeline since it matches geography, mentions the same monsters, and Ganon as Gerudo form? There are things from every timeline. And not only things that potentially be in all timelines, but some are also pretty specific. The thing is I don't think that matters. It seems people are missing the point on why Nintendo disregarded the whole timeline split and has placed Breath of the Wild above three timelines. With Breath of the Wild, instead of a haphazard attempt to string these games together, Nintendo has looked at the mythological quality from The Legend of Zelda as a series.

    Here is what I think. The Legend of Zelda is literally an in-universe legend, and Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are folk heroes of sorts whose stories endure and gets retold and changes throughout the history of Hyrule, similar to the legends like Robin Hood and King Arthur who may or may not have existed and whose stories change with culture. It is possible that the story of Link saving Princess Zelda and Hyrule from Ganon might have happened in this universe. After that, people interpreted and morphed the familiar story to suit their culture and time. Think of how many versions and adaptations of Journey to the West alone exist.

    The Legend of Zelda NES is probably the most basic version of the story in this universe, mostly told to children for the first time, paired with Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, meant to continue the story of the same hero. A Link to the Past is a version for slightly older children, paired with Link's Awakening and A Link Between Worlds. Ocarina of Time is a more proper, serious version of the same story. This can be the most accurate version, paired together with The Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess, which are meant to be the sequels. The Wind Waker and its sequels are the Rito version of the tale, as they take place in the Great Sea, to suit their culture. It is why they are tonally different. Skyward Sword is meant to be a version that is morphed to explain the origin of the Hyrule. Breath of the Wild is a version of the story that birthed out of the exchange of cultures, which is why there are so many connections to different versions.

    submitted by /u/onex7805
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL]Guys I need some help ��

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    So I've been searching for a Nintendo GameCube online so I can play all the Zelda games I grew up with, but I'm having difficulties finding anything. Any suggestions on where I could go to find one?

    submitted by /u/Mr_stretchnutz
    [link] [comments]

    [MC] On My First Playthrough of The Minish Cap I Legit Had to Search How to Beat The First Boss

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    Granted, it was my first 2D Zelda game, but I still think it's kinda disappointing. Did this happen to you or do I just really suck at video games? tell stories about similar experiences you've encountered when playing Zelda in the comments.

    submitted by /u/Not_A_Doct0r
    [link] [comments]

    [OoT] Trying to find a song that was a cover of song of storm from Zelda Ocarina of Time.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    Basically heard this song I think on a spotify playlist that seemed to be a cover of song of the storms but with actual lyrics one of which I think was "and a storm is coming" followed by the song of storms tune I can't for the life of me find it on YouTube or Sptofiy.

    Hoping someone here knows the song by chance and can help me out.

    submitted by /u/RidGaming
    [link] [comments]

    [MM] For a twitter art challenge, a friend suggested me to make Fierce Deity link in pixelart. It's incredibly rough, but i tried my best

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:26 AM PDT

    [Other] Can someone help me find this fan film from 10ish years ago?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:20 AM PDT

    It was kind of crudely animated in 3D and showed link in a desperate battle with Majora's Mask on top of a giant dark tower while Oath to Order played.

    At one point I remember the mask stabbing link with it's tentacles and nearly killing him.

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Bardockthescientist
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW] Starting my journey for 100%. Any tips?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 12:50 PM PDT

    Sorry I'm on mobile so yeah that's a thing I apologize but I want to know if anybody has any tips for me! I appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/Watermelon_Jack
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Which Zelda games should I play on hard difficulty on the first run?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    I mean, some games sure are easier than others. I personally found the normal difficuly of The Minish Cap, OOT and Majora just right and TP and WW too easy (especially Wind Waker, god that was just TOO easy). So, i plan on playing the other Zeldas. Can you recommend me the difficulty to play them? Oh i also played Skyward Sword on hero difficulty (it was the last slot left on my girlfriend's console, i played it on her wii). It was ok, a bit hard maybe but better this hard than easy as wind waker

    submitted by /u/Otoni24
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment