• Breaking News

    Monday, September 21, 2020

    The Legend of Zelda | Today is Self-Post Sunday. Only self-posts are allowed to encourage discussion of the games themselves.

    The Legend of Zelda | Today is Self-Post Sunday. Only self-posts are allowed to encourage discussion of the games themselves.


    Today is Self-Post Sunday. Only self-posts are allowed to encourage discussion of the games themselves.

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 05:00 AM PDT

    Self-Post Sundays are our main discussion day. On those days we only allow text posts directly about the games themselves.

    This means no images, videos, etc. If you want more discussion of all things Zelda we suggest subscribing to /r/TrueZelda where every day it's text only.

    Want more Zelda today?

    How about you join our Official Partnered Discord here or visit one of these Zelda related subs to post your non-text only content.

    submitted by /u/ZeldaMod
    [link] [comments]

    [OC] A zelda horror game?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 06:21 PM PDT

    Horror game where in the reincarnation link dies right off the bat as ganondorf takes his rise to power. World get decimated as zelda is trapped in her tower for years. She finds a way to escape and travels throughout a monster infested hyrule where the night doesn't end and creatures await at every turn. 

    She is searching for a tomb of one of the old incarnations of link to resurrect and assist her in stopping an OP ganon.

    I thought it would be cool if it's less about her fighting and instead her getting some dope ass magic powers to help her survive the degenerate land. Most the game would be about her slowly traversing old tombs and infested castles looking for more unlocks to her powers and ultimately a hero to help kill ganon.

    Very nihilistic I know but I thought it was a cool idea about zelda that's not sheik lol. Thinking gameplay like resident evil. Also the world is already kinda screwed but there would be shreds of life around I guess

    submitted by /u/Lost_Pirate3
    [link] [comments]

    [AoC] What if Nintendo actually lets us kill Calamity Ganon and every Blight and opens up a path for a new timeline with everyone alive?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 02:41 PM PDT

    [MM] Best version of Majora's Mask?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 12:40 PM PDT

    Title speaks for itself.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/White_Shadow03
    [link] [comments]

    [BotW2] Title Guesses?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 03:06 PM PDT

    I'm sure at this point we all know BotW is gonna be a trilogy. There's the upcoming Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, Breath of the Wild, and what we've been calling since E3 2019 "Breath of the Wild 2." But seeing as Nintendo has only referred to it as "the sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" instead, I think it's safe to say the game will have a whole different name entirely, just like the vast majority of other Zelda games.

    What do you guys think the real name of the BotW sequel will be? Do you have any speculations or themes you'd like to see in the title? Or full title guesses/suggestions? I'd love to hear your thoughts and speculations!

    submitted by /u/Faith_ssb
    [link] [comments]

    [OTHER] Zelda's 35th anniversary

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 07:22 PM PDT

    Many people have speculated on what they think the surprise will be for next year. I have commented my wishes on a lot of YT vids. What I would really like is a Hero of Time Collection with OoT and MM as well as an add-on called Sheik's Adventures or something where we get to play as Zelda herself and find out what happened in the 7 years of Link's slumber from her perspective. I think that'll be worth $60, and then I'll have an excuse to buy them. Although OOT is my absolute favourite game with MM as my second, I have both of them on the 3ds so this next bundle is what I'll really be looking forward to as I have never played them: The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Collection. This'll include Skyward Sword, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Maybe they can add Gameboy VC to the NSO so we can play the Oracle games and Minish cap. I really hope that they do this. If they do, then I would really want a soundtrack thing like Mario 3d ALl stars. There's not a single track from OOT that I don't love. Some of them aren' that good for listening to imo like Shadow and Fire temple, but I still love them and how they tie in with the atmosphere. What do you guys think? What are your wishes? I think that they should do Hero of Time in February or around that time because Oot was the first 3d Zelda game and could mark the start of the celebration, Tri Force collection in the beginning of Summer (maybe June) and Botw 2 towards the beginning of Autumn, so perhaps in exactly a year or so. They can add on the GB VC in between, or maybe before or right after the Hero of Time collection. I really hope this happens.

    submitted by /u/pokeman145
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Zelda and lo-fi seem to share a lot of fans

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    I listen to lo-fi daily and it seems like Zelda remixes come up all the time on lo-fi stations. Coming from the other direction, I've seen lots of things on r/zelda like Zelda as the lo-fi girl and Zelda-themed playlists. Am I cracking up, or do Zelda fans and lo-fi fans overlap disproportionately? Why is that, do you think?

    My working theory is that lo-fi is an experience that you can step into and out of lightly (I don't even bother to pause it when I get up for coffee). Zelda is similar in that it lends itself to casual gaming, especially with the features of the Switch. Maybe they overlap a lot because they appeal to fans like me, people who have a million irons in a million fires and as a result favor things that can be fully enjoyed in small doses between tasks. Agree? Disagree?

    submitted by /u/AdamFeoras
    [link] [comments]

    [botw] I think I figured out how to throw two-handed weapons without them breaking

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    I've been trying to have fun with bokos by throwing things at them but nothing seemed to work and boomerangs were getting boring so I decided to find out how I can hit bokos without my things breaking and I've come to a conclusion.

    if you throw a weapon at something that doesn't break the weapon on contact (anything that isn't a monster) it won't break obviously. but have you ever threw your weapon at a tree it hits then it and keeps on going (works best with wind cleaver)

    if you do this and it hits the treen then the enemy it hits the enemy like any other time but it doesn't break because the weapon you threw thought that it stopped moving at the tree or something

    taking this knowledge you can learn how to professionally hit enemies.

    if you place a bomb down then throw your wind cleaver just at the point on the bomb where it dosent completely stop it will fly into the air awkwardly. if you somehow get the flying windcleaver to connect with an enemy it doesn't break on impact.

    you can also hit enemies through a horse because when you hit horses your wind cleaver does not break. so if you make your wind cleaver fly through a horse and into an enemy it dosent break also

    another way is to ricochet it off of the master cycle when you throw your weapon at the master cycle and make it ricochet off it also does not break

    there are plenty of difrent ways to ricochet it but these are the ones I found and it doesn't matter if it hits the enemy's head or not

    I hope this information helps

    I reposted this from my google account I had to connect them

    if anyone discovers something that has something to do with this dm me

    submitted by /u/andreas-pootasan
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW] Will it be possible to win in the new Hyrule Warriors game?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 10:17 PM PDT

    If it is a direct prequel to BOTW, that means that you play as all the champions who eventually died due to Ganon's forces. Link also fell and was put into a hibernation. So do y'all think that the objective of the new game will be to win against Ganon's forces creating a new timeline in the Zelda universe or simply to play up until the point where the warriors fall?

    submitted by /u/mr_amaaronca
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW] Why are Hylians in BOTW amazed at the Sheikah Slate's ability to capture images when the pictobox existed in Wind Waker?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    Clearly photography isn't unheard of tech if someone like Tingle just had one lying around to give Link.

    submitted by /u/wolffangz11
    [link] [comments]

    [ALBW] How does the broom take you places in Lorule?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    So the witch and her broom can be used as fast travel, but I have just one question. How does the broom get to Lorule to help you fast travel? Stupid question I know. But I'd love some answers.

    submitted by /u/James-the-Viking
    [link] [comments]

    [BOTW2] Would you like to see a game mechanic where Link can throw the Master Sword and it comes back to him, like Thor's hammer?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 10:28 AM PDT

    This could be a great opportunity to strengthen Link's connection to the sword!

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Cmdr_RedWolf
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] I want to 3D print something new from the LoZ series, anyone got any ideas?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 04:45 PM PDT

    [Botw] should I get a switch for botw? My Wii U won’t read discs.

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 11:55 AM PDT

    [WW] Playing wind waker for the first time (spoilers)

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 09:20 PM PDT

    Just got into Zelda in 2017. I've been slowly playing every single Zelda game. Not in order though. Started with NES and jumped around. Im just about done with wind waker and I have to say it's my least favorite of the games. HD wii u version.

    positives. The art pops on an HD screen. I remember the first time people hated the art but it being cleaner and polished makes it way better. You have your classic weapons, hammer, hookshot, bombs etc. The story is great. It's the same "defeat Ganon, save princess Yada Yada" but you get to know why the world is flooded and visiting hyrule is fun. Combat is easy enough, anybody won't have a difficult time with that. Makar is funny.

    negatives. THE SAILING. It's just a chore. At least in breath of the wild when I have to go places I can explore and climb and discover things. Wind waker it's just endless sailing and though there is something to do in each square, some of it requires upgrades and other things needed to visit the island or isle. I have upgraded to the swift sail and even have the ballad song to travel but wish I had that from the beginning. 8 shards is way too much. Jesus. There's 3 maps, which need to be deciphered which cost money which I need to get a bigger bag. See where I'm going? I wouldn't mind doing multiple missions to get 1 map that tells me where all the shards are but there's 3 shard maps, though it checks the map for me I wish there was a better check list that let me know what I got on each island of goodies. Wind waker is just.... Not cool. Not exciting. Songs are fine but it tries to be the new ocarina... It's not. And playing the song every time for something is annoying. Wind temple pissed me off cause when I tried to get to the big key room I didn't have the key. I assumed it was going to be on the way. It wasn't and I had to bring Makar all the way with me get the key then go back to the big room. For me it's not a problem cause the pots but Makar can't travel through pots. Annoying. I tried various ways to respawn him in rooms. No go.

    Wind Waker isn't a terrible game, I just didn't enjoy playing it. I found it more to be a chore than fun like the other Zelda games. I have 1 game left and it's Majora's mask. Wish me luck

    submitted by /u/Eatmypuddingplease
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL]Need a decent zelda game to start with

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    You know what to do

    submitted by /u/Ahhntz
    [link] [comments]

    [All] BOTWs place in the timeline is actually in a new split

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 08:54 PM PDT

    This is a hypothetical situation where the events of BOTW are actually in a new timeline split. This could be placed after skyward sword, because we don't know much about what happened 10000 years ago as stated in the game. It could be where the sheikah technology was either banished or not, the outcome splitting the timelines.

    submitted by /u/piratejonyboy
    [link] [comments]

    [All] Zelda dungeon server problems

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    Is anyone else having trouble accessing Zelda Dungeon? Any idea what's going on?

    submitted by /u/NewLiquidNightmare
    [link] [comments]

    [botw] I think I figured out how to throw two handed weapons without them breaking

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    I've been trying to have fun with bokos by throwing things at them but nothing seemed to work and boomerangs were getting boring so I decided to find out how I can hit bokos without my things breaking and I've come to a conclusion.

    if you throw a weapon at something that doesn't break the weapon on contact (anything that isn't a monster) it won't break obviously. but have you ever threw your weapon at a tree it hits then it and keeps on going (works best with wind cleaver)

    if you do this and it hits the treen then the enemy it hits the enemy like any other time but it doesn't break because the weapon you threw thought that it stopped moving at the tree or something

    taking this knowledge you can learn how to professionally hit enemies.

    if you place a bomb down then throw your wind cleaver just at the point on the bomb where it dosent completely stop it will fly into the air awkwardly. if you somehow get the flying windcleaver to connect with an enemy it doesn't break on impact.

    you can also hit enemies through a horse because when you hit horses your wind cleaver does not break. so if you make your wind cleaver fly through a horse and into an enemy it dosent break also

    another way is to ricochet it off of the master cycle when you throw your weapon at the master cycle and make it ricochet off it also does not break

    there are plenty of difrent ways to ricochet it but these are the ones I found and it doesn't matter if it hits the enemy's head or not

    I hope this information helps

    if anyone discovers something that has something to do with this dm me

    submitted by /u/Currency-Immediate
    [link] [comments]

    [TP] How old is Midna? Does it say anywhere?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    I'm thinking she's in her 20's, but I could be wrong

    submitted by /u/DarkBrotherhood101
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment