• Breaking News

    Friday, October 23, 2020

    The Legend of Zelda | [BoTW] Link portrait by myself

    The Legend of Zelda | [BoTW] Link portrait by myself


    [BoTW] Link portrait by myself

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 04:41 PM PDT

    [OoT] The most iconic battle in Ocarina of Time. This is the power of the Biggoron Sword!

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 06:33 AM PDT

    [BoTW][MM] Maybe I am just nostalgic, but this is how I felt after completing "From the grounds up"

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    [BOTW] Clamity Ganon

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    [BoTW] My Wife drew Paya! Hope you all love it as much as I do

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 11:05 PM PDT

    [ALL] Hyrule With A Few Throwbacks Tossed In

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 05:24 AM PDT

    [All] Zelda fan art for linktober day 23 by my wife. It’s my favourite she’s done so I thought I’d post it for her.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    [SS] [OoT] [BotW] Impa’s Major 3D Appearances with Zelda

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:44 PM PDT

    [TP] blah blah blah zelda fanart

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 04:53 PM PDT

    [BoTW] Why yes, how convenient.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 01:44 AM PDT

    [ALL] ganondorf fanart / by TerrenceArt

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 12:37 PM PDT

    [TP] I made this for a contest but Midna should be for everyone!

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 01:24 PM PDT

    [WW] The Wind Waker is a pretty special game for me. It wasn’t the first Zelda game I ever played, but it was the first one I ever finished. I just joined this sub, and I thought I’d share this drawing I did a few years ago.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 05:24 PM PDT

    [BoTW] Reflection of Breath of the Wild: From Wild to Mild.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    First off, let me get this out, I'm a long time fan of the series. I have played majority of the 2D games and all the 3D games. Multiple times. Probably too much. It might be an addiction. But that's a different discussion. Recently I've been reflecting on Breath of Wild, and I've been searching reddit for someone to put into words what I was feeling but I did not find anything. So here we go...

    I think it's a great game. The world is gorgeous and that's absolutely undeniable. Some of those environments, like when you climb onto a cliff's peak for the first time, stumbling across a fishing village by the shore, or just riding on a horse as their mane blows in the wind are all breath taking. No pun intended, but I feel like a games needs to consist of more than just eye candy. The title is LEGEND of Zelda. And this just felt more like a GALLERY of Zelda.

    As I moved through this world I did not feel like I was up against anything menacing or that I was this "chosen" hero. I felt like I had no purpose except to explore. In some areas of the game it sort of feels like a Minecraft. Just roaming through terrain trying to find something that catches your eye. I'd even go so far to say that the shrines gave you that same feeling as stumbling across a village. Been there done that, grab some carrots, open a chest, and be on my way. Nothing exciting. Just the same design with a slightly different challenge. Especially looking at you Trial of Strength XXVII. Slight exaggeration but hell thats what it felt like.

    The other games had character. Around every corner there was something to discover, but something that felt like it's owns. Something that had a distinct design. It's own feeling. It's own experience. You never knew what a sidequest would give you and how it would help you along your journey. Everything was calculated. Maybe this is just a deficit of open world games but I didn't feel like I was moving along a legend. A story to be shared for ages. A member of a long lineage of keeping the Triforce out of the clutches of evil.

    Shrines and dungeons were my last hope at pulling me out of that feeling. Sadly, the ones in BoTW gave me the same feeling as a procedural generated dungeon. You knew what you were walking into and you'll give it your all, but you don't really stop and take everything in. Because over the last 40 hours, you've taken in all that's offered.

    Think of the first time you entered a dungeon in Ocarina, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, or even Link to the Past. I threw in a 2D game for you people who will say that it was a "return to roots" game and tried to get that origin Zelda feeling. I think that doesn't hold up because even the original Legend of Zelda held more variety in design. You did not know what it was going to look like. What architecture they were going to use. What mechanic might change up how you tackle it. What tool was hidden in it's depths. What menacing creature you would face when you finally unlock that boss door. You never get that in Breath of the Wild. Right after the first divine beast, you know exactly what it will look like, who you will face at the end, and you have all the tools you need. They aren't dungeons. They are contained sandboxes. A place for players to test out how they can use the powers of the Sheikah slate.

    I won't even dive into how disappointing it was starting your game off with all the items you need that aren't melee weapons. The only item you had to work for was the Master Sword, and somehow using that even felt repetitive. Needing it to charge like it's some sort of battery. It's a divine blade used to seal away immortal evil that haunted all it's previous wielders. But in this one, don't worry about it you can just use a stick from the woods for that.

    I had some great moments in Breath of the Wild. It's a peak for Nintendo when it comes to exploration of landscapes. However, those landscapes need to be filled in with more unique content to make me feel like this world is more than just koroks and shrines. One full of reactive characters adapting to a world of darkness. One that holds mysteries and secrets that hide power and treasures. One that makes you less of a cartographer and more of a hero. I think my main point in all this is yes it is a Zelda game when it comes to foundation, but it's missing those key building blocks that take a Zelda game and give it the privilege to become a Legend.

    submitted by /u/ninetailed-kurama
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] [OC] Finished another Zelda mashup fan artwork :) This time I went with the theme of a Fairy Fountain/Hidden Cave

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 03:11 PM PDT

    [OC][MM] 20 Days of Majora - Day 16 - Grandma

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:22 AM PDT

    [LA] I was commissioned to draw this banner of Link's Awakening!

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    [OoT] fairy bottle cross stitch!

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    [AoC] Crazy friggin' excited for Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity so I drew Purah <3

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    [MM] Some fan art of the lads

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    [MM] You’ve met with a terrible fate, haven’t you?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 06:23 PM PDT

    [MM] Anyone else hate the tree thing they added to deku link’s hat in the 3ds version?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 07:13 PM PDT

    [BotW] I made this for inktober

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 02:14 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment