• Breaking News

    Monday, October 26, 2020

    The Legend of Zelda | Today is Self-Post Sunday. Only self-posts are allowed to encourage discussion of the games themselves.

    The Legend of Zelda | Today is Self-Post Sunday. Only self-posts are allowed to encourage discussion of the games themselves.


    Today is Self-Post Sunday. Only self-posts are allowed to encourage discussion of the games themselves.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 05:00 AM PDT

    Self-Post Sundays are our main discussion day. On those days we only allow text posts directly about the games themselves.

    This means no images, videos, etc. If you want more discussion of all things Zelda we suggest subscribing to /r/TrueZelda where every day it's text only.

    Want more Zelda today?

    How about you join our Official Partnered Discord here or visit one of these Zelda related subs to post your non-text only content.

    submitted by /u/ZeldaMod
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] When you realize like half the Zelda games are post apocalyptic...

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:26 AM PDT

    • A Link to the Past: The Dark World is a post apocalyptic sacred realm
    • The Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass: The old world is flooded over. Kind've Biblical honestly. Also more of a post-post-apocalypse. I gues spirit tracks is a post-post-post-apocalypse then
    • Twilight Princess: It's reversible, but everyone still died
    • Skyward Sword: Pretty much all the Hylians died except for the very few that escaped to the sky (Not that many live on Skyloft and populations are supposed to expand over time). Also more of a of a post-post-apocalypse.
    • A Link Between Worlds: Lorule. Triforce is destroyed, world goes to shit.
    • BotW: Pretty self explanatory.

    Notes:

    • OoT doesn't really count. The post-time skip world is more of a Germany Won World War II sort of thing then an apocalypse.
    • Majora's Mask is Pre-Apocalyptic

    EDIT: - In Link's Awakening, you are the apocalypse

    EDIT2: - I guess since as far as we can tell Ganon only destroyed the land of Hyrule in BotW and not every civilization on the planet, that one isn't an apocalypse. I guess it's sort of like if one country decided to nuke another country, and everyone else didn't feel like starting a nuclear war enough to avenge them. So one part of the planet is a smoking crater, but the whole world hasn't gone to shit yet.

    EDIT3: - Now that I think about it, Skyward Sword was more of a military genocide, so scratch that one too.

    submitted by /u/AgentAndrewO
    [link] [comments]

    [OoT] Anyone else love the Zora Tunic?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    I just think it looks awesome. I know I'm totally breaking the canon here, but I don't care. I love sticking with the Zora Tunic till the end of the game. In fact I kind of like to finish with a deconstructed Link in general, instead of the conventional equipment (Master Sword, Hylian Shield, Kokiri Tunic, Kokiri Boots). My personal favorite equipment setup is the Biggoron Sword, Mirror Shield, Zora Tunic, and Kokiri Boots. Not only does it look cool, but I have the equipment from each of the cultures of Hyrule. Again, I know I'm totally breaking the canon, but that's the fun part!

    submitted by /u/GoodTasteDude
    [link] [comments]

    [OoT] Noticed this detail that made me tear up, so I made this and thought l'd share.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    I had never noticed this before. This morning I felt overwhelmed by my adult responsibilities all of a sudden. Then I had this realisation, which made me tear up but also be able to face the day as well. Hope it connects with some of you out there too :)

    submitted by /u/AlbertChessa
    [link] [comments]

    [OC][MM] 20 Days of Majora - Day 19 - Final Battle

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 12:10 AM PDT

    [BOTW] Just found out you can feed horses

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:38 PM PDT

    Was walking my horse around Kakariko Village, and when I dismounted, he took off. He ran over the the guy's carrot patch and started eating.

    So then I tested to see if I can feed my horse by holding a carrot one time, then an apple the next, and walking up to him. He ate them each time I offered one and walked up to his head. Every time he ate, including at the carrot patch, he had the twinkle like when I soothe him while riding. That was pretty cool.

    submitted by /u/Americaofficial1
    [link] [comments]

    [ALTTP] Themed SNES Controller made by my son (7 years old). Glad he likes the game as much as i did as a kid. It shows that the appeal of this game is timeless. :)

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 12:57 AM PDT

    [BOTW] Favorite Region

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:41 PM PDT

    What is your favorite region to visit in botw?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/maire_dios
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW] Why is the Naboris music SOOO creepy??

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    I can't be the only one who thought this, right?

    Naboris was also the first Divine Beast I saw from a tower when I first started this game. I was so creeped out by it!!

    Suffice to say this Divine Beast run is giving me the heebie jeebies

    submitted by /u/Kisms
    [link] [comments]

    [LoZ] NES frustrating bug.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:58 PM PDT

    In level five there is a specific room with only one entrance/exit with a few Gibdo inside. If you happen to pick up a stopwatch off one of them you cannot exit the room. The only door will not reopen after you have defeated the Gibdo and none of the blocks in the room can be pushed to open the door either. You're flat out just stuck in the room with no way out other than restarting your game. I lost quite a bit of progress to this bug and thought I should share it so nobody else has to experience it.

    submitted by /u/Kaptain_Khakis
    [link] [comments]

    [MM] Hey Nintendo, after Botw2, I'd love a Majora origin story spinoff.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    We have a fantastic timeline explaining the never ending circle of Denise's/Ganon's resurrection and reincarnated Zelda's and Link.

    I'd love to see the origin story of how Fierce deity and Majora first crossed paths and what they looked like before they were sealed away in the Masks.

    submitted by /u/AgeOfCalamity
    [link] [comments]

    [AoC] Should I buy AoC? I'm pretty sure I don't like the 1 vs 1000 linear gameplay but I'm interested in the lore.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    I've played Skyward Sword and BOTW. I enjoyed both; I think I liked BOTW more for its nonlinear gameplay and all the items. Before Age of Calamity was announced, I remember watching Hyrule Warriors trailers and not being interested. The combat is too unrealistic and looks like an anime.

    Should I buy the AoC game? If I don't buy the game, should I watch Youtubers play the game to still get to know the lore?

    submitted by /u/sanguine82
    [link] [comments]

    [WW] What if Wind Waker bosses had subtitles like in other 3D Zelda games?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 12:16 PM PDT

    And what I mean is, what if the bosses in Wind Waker had a banner appearing upon their entrance describing them like in games such as Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess?

    One example I can think of is:

    Avian Marauder

    HELMAROC KING

    submitted by /u/Apart_Shock
    [link] [comments]

    [Botw] what happens if you say to Teba “to save Zelda” when he asks you why you’re doing this?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 06:44 PM PDT

    I picked "just because," because, well, that's literally why I'm doing it, and it looked like the exit dialogue option. I was going to pick "to save Zelda," but now I'm wondering what the answer would have been and I can't reload.

    submitted by /u/off_brand_white_wolf
    [link] [comments]

    [OoT] What was your favourite (Adult Link) dungeon in Ocarina of Time?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    I wanted to include the Child Link dungeons but due to Options limits on the Poll I have stuck to Adult Link ones. What's your favourite? And why?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Marvellosity88
    [link] [comments]

    [TP] What did you guys think of the Temple of Time dungeon in Twilight princess? I thought it was fun and inventive, but It felt like a mini dungeon to be honest. I hated the boss battle. Very basic boss battle.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    [LoZ] Zelda 1 with no guide

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:16 PM PDT

    Ok, so I decided to play Zelda 1, virtual console version for wii, since I decided to play all tloz games, at least the main series ones, but I thought about doing it without any guide, except maybe for the original that came with NES game, but nothing else, no tips or walkthroughts. Playing on the wii is great because there is the 5 first console zelda games and the 2 gamecube ones too.

    I believe this may be a bad idea, since I have play for a couple of nights and stuff is a little heavy and tiring, somewhat fun but not that much. I really want to experience the feeling of playing the game as it was originally played, with not online guides and stuff.

    What do you recommend? I am not asking for tips on the game, but if I should look for tips or guides... or whatever you want to comment, is a free world 😬

    submitted by /u/eddyto
    [link] [comments]

    [BOTW] cons of breath of the wild

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    contemplating buying breath of the wild but the graphics don't look that great and i've heard it's boring compared to other zelda games and that there's not much to do in the open world. should i buy it or wait for the 2nd edition coming out next month ?/any things u strongly dislike about the game ? everyone has good reviews about it but they've also said it's repetitive etc ?? i've really like other games in the series and haven't had any complaints

    submitted by /u/electrasheartss
    [link] [comments]

    [LA] Confession: I've still never beat Link's Awakening

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    I originally played it on Game Boy when I was a kid. I bought it again for my 3DS. Then when LAHD came out for switch, I purchased it, excited about the update. Yet I still haven't finished it. I don't know, I just keep getting stuck. I've had to resort to using a guide multiple times. I kind of just lose interest in the middle somewhere. I know this is one of the more beloved games, but I just don't get it. What am I doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/blrmkr10
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment