• Breaking News

    Friday, November 20, 2020

    The Legend of Zelda | [AoC] Megathread: Chapter 2

    The Legend of Zelda | [AoC] Megathread: Chapter 2


    [AoC] Megathread: Chapter 2

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 01:00 AM PST

    Every day we will post a new megathread for users to discuss the next few chapters. Spoilers up until and completing this chapter will be allowed. No spoilers past this chapter will be allowed.

    For the final few chapters (this could be the final chapter or up to 5 chapters) we will have one final thread with a #++ at the end to designate multiple chapters.

    Think of this like how TV subreddits will have threads for each episode.

    If people are progressing faster we may release two or more megathreads a day. You can still use the stickied "[AoC] [Everything] General Open Discussion" megathread to discuss the entire game if you progress faster. Or, make a new thread to discuss.

    submitted by /u/ZeldaMod
    [link] [comments]

    [BotW] I shamelessly stole it from Facebook

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 02:17 PM PST

    [Oot] Felt the nostalgia, a fan art I made using stippling technique. Which console/zelda game should I do next?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 03:57 PM PST

    [BOTW] Sheikah Link fanart by me (@luisoart)

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 07:20 AM PST

    [OC] "Naydra" - Oil on Canvas - 24x36

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 06:57 PM PST

    [BoTW] New Sheikah stone update adds Stories

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 08:14 AM PST

    [BoTW] stay away from my girl

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 02:29 PM PST

    [BoTW] Fan Art. If you dont already know about @Eori_namo on twitter go check them out thier fan art is beautiful you will not regret it.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 01:10 AM PST

    [AoC] Impa! I got a new computer finally, so I drew her!

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 03:31 PM PST

    [TP] Drew Midna for my friend who's a fan of her. I know it's not the best, but i tried.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 01:19 AM PST

    [OTHER] When you procrastinate on that thing you have to do

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 12:41 PM PST

    [AoC] Hyped to play Age of Calamity! My friend drew me Mipha, Sidon & Urbosa to celebrate ^ ^

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 02:57 PM PST

    [WW] [OC] My happy little Makar. Isn't he lovely?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 05:04 PM PST

    [BOTW] I made custom loose leaf teas for my Girlfriend as a Christmas present! Plus a Lon Lon Milk candle, a purse and some amiibos! <3

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 08:44 PM PST

    [AoC] Free Age of Calamity fridge magnet if you buy physically in Hong Kong!

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 09:47 PM PST

    [TP] I had some requests to make Telma from Twilight Princess

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 01:11 AM PST

    [LoZ] [OC] To all the heroes of hyrule out there, Happy Men's day!

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 04:11 PM PST

    [MC] Ezlo from Minish Cap made from felt. How'd I do?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 09:06 PM PST

    [BoTW2], BoTW 2 got nominated at the game awards!!! For most anticipated Game

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 08:05 PM PST

    [OC] [LAHD] [LA] Link's Awakening - Colors Breakdown

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 12:47 AM PST

    [BoTW] found this mini windmill thing. What am I to do with this? (Might be irrelevant but I found this in an area where I’m not supposed to go off the plateau).

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 11:17 PM PST

    [OoT][MM] I've been using the Song of Time like the Cane of Somaria in Master Quest

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 07:56 AM PST

    [AOC] Got my Age of Calamity Treasure Box!

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 12:23 AM PST

    [AoC] Age of Calamity: First impressions (Spoilers)

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 02:01 AM PST

    (Disclaimer: I am not a professional game reviewer, I would like to be but I am not, so take my opinion with a grain of salt as it does not represent the community as a whole. Furthermore: I have not yet completed the game, I'm not a speed runner in any capacity, and this is just first impressions, so I can only go as detailed as I know the game so far.)

    So now that Age of Calamity is out, lots of people are wondering the same question: "is it good?" So the short answer will be: "Yes." The long answer is a bit more complex, so let's break it up in to 3 parts shall we? These will be combat, other gameplay, and story, in that order.

    Combat: So remember the first Hyrule warriors? Ya, we'll just take that and throw it away, cause this one fixes (almost) everything about it. It's nothing too special, I mean it's a "beat em up", you don't need to go crazy on the gimmicks... except they did put in effort, and boy howdy does it improve the gameplay. [Spoilers beyond this point] The first level gives the lay of the land, and it does it in a good way, where it's not too challenging, but still throws you right into the water. They did use the standard "Beat em up" recipe of "regular combo attack + heavy attack + super attack", but this is where they put in effort, thanks to the sheikah slate not only are each of the slate attacks unique in their own way, they also play in a new counterattack role, which has never been present before. But the best part? Each character has their own set of sheikah attacks, that still fall under the runes base idea (bombs - high area dmg, stasis - combo damage, magnesis - counter/cancel attack, ice - ice). But in my opinion, the best part of combat, is the fact that they gave every character their own unique role in combat. Link is the standard "FIGHT, KILL, DESTROY," guy, but then you get impa, the combo master, Zelda, the mage, urbosa, the damage GOD, the list goes on. Plus the mini bosses are decently challenging (though they usually just fall into the same pattern of "attack, counter, break shield, kill") and though I've only really fought one, the actual bosses are genuinely tough, and require a bit of strategy to defeat. And I'm just gonna gush here, when you're up against 3 moblins at the same time, and you're at half a heart, it feels so nice to get a flurry rush, and just crush one of them. I have to say, combat in my book gets an 8/10! There are some problems with the camera, but other than that, it's worthy of its appraisal.

    Moving on: other gameplay. So remember the old UI of the first hyrule warriors? Ya, just replace that with the map of BotW, simple as that, and makes for an interesting gameplay dynamic, with a unique way of enhancing your characters and their abilities. But that's just the UI, the meat of it comes from all the neat things that can improve gameplay! For starters, there's the weapon upgrade system... which was ripped straight out of every jrpg ever since you just use other weapons to improve your one main weapon. But how about the food upgrade system... which as I've seen it is pretty lacklustre. But how about those bonus levels... honestly up to now, I haven't seen much in the ways of making the game any more interesting. I mean the main combat portion must've taken all the gameplay effort, because everything else just feels... additional. Nothing besides combat really takes any attention at all, the weapon upgrades are just "max your main weapon", the food system is "use your favourite upgrade", and the bonus levels just feel a bit, grindy. So I give the other gameplay a 5/10, overall just low effort.

    Now the reason 75% of players are buying it: Story. Ho Li FUCK, they CRUSHED it with the story! Nearly every main element is a cutscene, and the characters, OH THE CHARACTERS! Purah and Robbie are wonderful and full of personality, Zelda is a joy, impa has a clumsy feel without being clumsy, and link... is link. I really can't spoil the story, of all things, THIS should be the one you experience first hand. So in terms of story? 10/10, I couldn't give it lower if I wanted! I almost with the gameplay would go faster so I could experience the story more!

    And there you have it. My first impressions of Age of Calamity, although considering how it's played out so far, I'd like to call it Breath of the Wild, 1.5, considering how many assets the two share, though in my opinion, this isn't a bad thing, since we get to see all the characters in a new setting. So yes, I recommend getting it and playing it for yourself. The final overall score: 8/10, not perfect, but good, nay, great, nonetheless.

    submitted by /u/Mattrockj
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment