• Breaking News

    Monday, January 11, 2021

    The Legend of Zelda | Today is Self-Post Sunday. Only self-posts are allowed to encourage discussion of the games themselves.

    The Legend of Zelda | Today is Self-Post Sunday. Only self-posts are allowed to encourage discussion of the games themselves.


    Today is Self-Post Sunday. Only self-posts are allowed to encourage discussion of the games themselves.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 05:00 AM PST

    Self-Post Sundays are our main discussion day. On those days we only allow text posts directly about the games themselves.

    This means no images, videos, etc. If you want more discussion of all things Zelda we suggest subscribing to /r/TrueZelda where every day it's text only.

    Want more Zelda today?

    How about you join our Official Partnered Discord here or visit one of these Zelda related subs to post your non-text only content.

    submitted by /u/ZeldaMod
    [link] [comments]

    [MC] I drew Vaati from the minish cap

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 12:24 AM PST

    [BoTW] Majora's Challenge!

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 01:20 PM PST

    There's a non-0 chance that someone's already thought of this, But I devised a challenge for Breath of the Wild and Wanted to get some feedback.

    Majora's Challenge is essentially a rule set for BotW based around the mechanics of Majora's Mask.

    Rule 1: Every 3rd In-game day, (1hr 12min IRL) all drop-able items in your inventory are discarded. This Includes Weapons, Food, Monster Parts, etc. (Arrows can be kept for simplicity sake, but not bows)

    Rule 2: after the 3rd day, you must warp back to the Shrine of Resurrection regardless of where you are. This includes Inside Shrines, an Divine Beasts.

    Rule 3: Shrines cannot be used as fast travel warps, Towers only.

    Rule 4: A Game Over forces you back to day 1 and all rules above apply as per reset.

    Rule 5: The Run officially begins after unlocking the Ability to Fast Travel.

    Here are some Optional Rules.

    Rule 6: After unlocking a tower, you can use that as the start of a new cycle instead of the Shrine of Resurrection.

    Rule 7: If Night of Day 3 is a Blood moon, this triggers "4th day" and grants an additional 24 minutes.

    Rule 8: Travel Medallion is allowed.

    Rule 9: Obtaining the Majora's Mask Item lets you keep 1 extra weapon, shield, and bow between resets.

    Rule 10: For the people who are bold enough, Fast Travel altogether can be banned, and the start point must be Shrine of Resurrection each time.

    Let me know your thoughts, and I hope to see someone try this out one day.

    submitted by /u/CaptainSniffit
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW] Zelda fanart i did!! [OC]

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 01:19 AM PST

    [OoT] [MM] [WW] [TP] [SS] Which 3D Zelda game do you want to come to Nintendo Switch the most?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 05:33 PM PST

    I decided to make this since the 35th anniversary's right around the corner. I also might make another poll of the top two choices.

    Original N64 versions or 3DS remasters of OoT and MM?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/FletchPup
    [link] [comments]

    [LAHD] Just got my 2nd Zelda game! Can’t get enough of this series since BotW. Hoping for more remakes to come for us new fans

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 01:01 AM PST

    [ALL] I finished my Zelda collection. Description in the comments.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 01:54 AM PST

    [ALL] moved to a smaller place so I had to regroup amiibos, kind of looks like the trophy table from smash bros melee now

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 01:39 AM PST

    [MM] I just lost hours of progress in majoras mask

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 02:31 PM PST

    I just spent hours looking for fairies in the great bay temple, only for my game to randomly crash and turns out I didn't save.

    I now have to go through the entire great bay temple all over again. I think I am dead inside now.

    submitted by /u/whooper1
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW] Should I buy a Nintendo Switch or play BoTW on my Wii U?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 10:18 AM PST

    So, I've been really wanting to play BoTW since it came out (love the soundtrack and it's a beautiful game!) but, I don't have a Switch. Is it worth buying a Switch as new games are being released on that and Wii U games are discontinued? I know it buffers and lags on the Wii U but, I can't justify spending that much money on a 'brand-new-ish' console. I should also add my family only have a couple games on the Wii U (like Shovel Knight) Thanks!

    Edit: Holy moly! This blew up (for me anyway, hahah), I'll try and reply to as many as you guys as possible! :) Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/musicalnerdx
    [link] [comments]

    [TP] Is Twilight Princess boring or am I boring?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 06:17 AM PST

    Not looking for a fight! Just started my first play through of TP. I love Zelda games and was pretty excited. I'm only about 3-4 hours in (up to the first forest temple as Link) and the whole game has felt like hand-holding so far.

    I've found Midna quite annoying and basically tells you what to do at every turn. "Jump here I'll pull you up." "Find a sword and shield, they are in these exact houses. Maybe you can get in the house this way."

    I haven't had to use any brain power in this game and it is bumming me out. Nothing is a challenge; it feels like the game is playing itself. I also miss feeling like I have an open map I can explore. The story is forcing you along. Does it get better?

    Edit: Thanks everyone for your responses! Sounds like TP shines brightest in the later game. Can't wait to get there. :)

    submitted by /u/whanthtaprille
    [link] [comments]

    [OOT] [TP] Why Link and Zelda can’t be together in both games.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 07:19 PM PST

    Both Links are canonically related. Both Zelda's would also be related as the Royal Princesses. So. If Link and Zelda had a descendant that was Zelda then Link and Zelda would be related in TP. Ew. That's why Link has gf. Thank you for listening to my TedTalk.

    submitted by /u/dandt777
    [link] [comments]

    [MM] Don't the sidequests get tedious if you have to repeat them?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 12:29 AM PST

    Hi, I wanna start MM with my SO today. I played all the Zelda except for this one, finally got it on GameCube. I'll love it, but she already was overwhelmed by Ocarina of Time after leaving the Deku Tree.

    Now I don't want to ruin her the experience due to being overwhelmed, but I would like to give her at least the chance. I know I'll get this time song thingy, but I heard the sidequests are beautifully done and I wonder if that isn't annoying with resets, since I heard you don't get to keep every item?

    I'll find out myself for sure but some tips would be appreciated. :x

    submitted by /u/upsawkward
    [link] [comments]

    [AoC] Versus Calamity Gannon Mission?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 08:41 PM PST

    What is actually the process to unlock this mission? It seems like nobody really knows what the requirement is because I'm finding mixed information.

    One theory: Unlock Terrako and reach level 74 - this did not unlock it

    Second theory: Unlock Terrako, reach lv 74, complete each individual mission (does not include side quests for character improvements, etc)

    Third theory; Unlock Terrako, reach lv 74, complete around 100 missions (not necessarily all of them) and additionally complete the quest line the unlocks after getting Terrako.

    Does anyone actually know what the unlock criteria is?

    submitted by /u/Jacobmb_Music
    [link] [comments]

    [Botw] How do you think the timelines merged?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 12:13 AM PST

    [ALL] Zelda art suggestions

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 07:08 PM PST

    I'm going to draw art based off of the different Zelda games I've completed in an attempt to draw more and improve my skills but I don't know what to draw for some of the games I've completed. I have, at the moment, completed:

    Zelda 1, Breath of the wild, Wind Waker HD, And Links awakening switch, Hyrule warriors definitive edition

    Can anyone give me any suggestions on what to draw?

    submitted by /u/UmbpeonYT
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Theory on Fierce Diety Link

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 01:06 AM PST

    Just a wild theory I've brainstormed because I haven't really seen much on the topic as far as I'm aware of but, what if FDL is actually the manifestation of Hylia's chosen hero? Because when he fell down into the tree Majora Skull Kid stole his humanity and replaced it with the deku kid's. What if since he had Link trapped in the dimension and they're all different Links based on the hero being reborn repeatedly, he had his soul? Just a wild theory, love to know your thoughts.

    submitted by /u/Red12292
    [link] [comments]

    [OoT] What are your thoughts on Ocarina of Time’s soundtrack?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 08:49 AM PST

    I'm in the process of writing a script for a YouTube video about the music in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and how it both enhances the gameplay for the player, and reinforces the themes riddled throughout the story. In particular, I'm taking a look at how Koji Kondo crafted the music around the idea of growing up, and how the structure of the different tracks reflect this motif. If you have any insights about Ocarina of Time's soundtrack, I'd love to hear them!

    submitted by /u/TheEggoEffect
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Zelda characters I could beat in a fight tier list

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 12:48 AM PST

    [OTHER] What is at the top of your wishlist for Zelda's 35th anniversary in February?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 08:36 PM PST

    With Mario we got 3D all stars - what are you hoping to see for Zelda?

    Personally I would love OoA and OoS remakes in the style of the LA remake. Would also love SS on the switch somehow.

    submitted by /u/SabertoothNishobrah
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW]/[OC] Any graphic designers who can give something a zelda (botw) flair?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 04:08 PM PST

    Basically, I'm making a hack of the tabletop roleplaying game Worlds Without Number to play in a Zelda setting (closest to botw, with some changes). I have a character sheet, but I'd like it to be styled to fit Zelda/BoTW more. Anyone able to help with this?

    submitted by /u/PrinceHomeless
    [link] [comments]

    [LoZ] Suggestions for the original overworld fanart?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 05:15 PM PST

    I tried to make an art collab to have every screen of the overworld drawn by a different artist. Since that failed entirely, I'm doing it myself. I'm already pretty far in it, but still a lot of room for decisions.

    I want some suggestions from you guys about what characters should be where, which locations and games get referenced at certain spots, so on and so forth. This is like a Zelda celebration map instead of a direct recreation.

    Here's a brief list of what I've drawn so far:

    • Top-left four screens of the map is Goron City
    • Both Fairy fountains are already complete.
    • Dungeons 1, 2, and 9 have already been drawn but the other 7 haven't even been started.
    • The grey area with the heart you get to by raft is now Tetra's ship. Linebeck's ship and the King of Red Lions is also parked on the beach.
    • The warp areas each have a different engine from spirit tracks in their place connected by underground subway
    • Morshu from Faces of Evil is the closest shopkeeper
    • Midna has a money-making game
    • The desert has been drawn but is currently pretty empty
    • The bottom left screen is the entrance to Termina with the skull kid on one of the trees.
    • Tingle's Tower replaces the hidden top-right portion of the map.
    • The beginning area of the game and several surrounding areas are complete.
    • The heart piece location directly to the right of spawn is where Marin and the mountain from Koholint are placed.

    This leaves the following stuff for ideas to come from:

    • The majority of the unmentioned overworld
    • The graveyard
    • Almost a hundred shop, rupee secret, and monkey making game caves are available
    • Both sword locations, but the magic sword should definitely be the Master Sword
    • Dungeons 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8

    Give me any ideas you have! Nothing has to be exactly what it is in the original game as long as it doesn't change the overall look.

    submitted by /u/MariiBoop
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment