• Breaking News

    Monday, December 2, 2019

    The Legend of Zelda | Today is Merchandise Monday. So you can post your collections, boxes, photos of your game, a cool t-shirt your found, etc today only! - December 02, 2019

    The Legend of Zelda | Today is Merchandise Monday. So you can post your collections, boxes, photos of your game, a cool t-shirt your found, etc today only! - December 02, 2019


    Today is Merchandise Monday. So you can post your collections, boxes, photos of your game, a cool t-shirt your found, etc today only! - December 02, 2019

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 01:05 AM PST

    From the rule in the sidebar:

    Feel free to post news about new official merchandise whenever you like but for unofficial goods, or photos of your personal collection, please post them on Merchandise Mondays.

    The sub gets filled with people taking photos of their collections, their amiibos, their copy of [insert game here] as well as people wanting to sell you stuff. So we limit it to Monday's so it doesn't over take the sub.

    Brand new official merchandise announcements are allowed any day of the week, just unofficial merch or photos of your own merch is limited to today!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    [BotW] You know what? I’m sorry...

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 10:51 AM PST

    I've been a gamer for 35 years and enjoyed it until the original Legend of Zelda was released. Then it became an obsession. I was Link for almost every Halloween until 5th grade. I loved the series so much I lost sleep over the day my Mom told me she would take me to the mall to pick up A Link to the Past. When I was a teenager and she surprised me with the Atomic Purple N64 with a gold copy of Ocarina I couldn't believe it! Since then I have bought every Nintendo console just for Zelda. The exclusives that come with owning a Nintendo system are fringe benefits of course but Zelda will always be the motivating factor.

    Since ALttP was released I've always managed to find an issue that has held each game back from being truly great. When Breath of the Wild was released I absolutely couldn't stand the apparent lack of the classic Zelda formula that has made the series so great. The standard dungeons, unique items to use to get to different areas and defeat bosses that require said items, familiar music while exploring the world etc. BotW fell to the bottom of my favorites list pretty quick and stayed there for 2 years. I recently found myself longing for a Zelda game to play and figured I'd give BotW another try since it's been collecting dust. My old save game had me relatively far along and I decided to erase it. I began the game from scratch and my adventure was underway. The shrines were like little candies of discovery sprinkled throughout the world and I found myself looking forward to solving them. The lul between shrines were actually filled with looking up side quests and trying to figure out how to upgrade my armor. I had Amiibo figures to use and had all of the outfits from the past games and Epona whom I was really happy to see again. The game slowly but surely began to grow on me. I finished the game two nights ago and shed a tear after watching the final exchange between Link and Zelda.

    I was so hard on this game when it was released and despite it missing some vital elements of the Zelda recipe I actually enjoyed it. I've since gone back to my annual ALttP playthrough and while it's good to be back I can't help but think about Hyrule in BotW... the foundation has been set and I hope Nintendo builds something truly special with the sequel. For the first time in awhile I can feel that sense of excitement I had as a kid waiting for the next iteration of my favorite series.

    submitted by /u/Edge80
    [link] [comments]

    Best gift ever! [BoTW]

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 12:56 AM PST

    [SS] There's a Tingle is Zelda's room!

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 01:47 AM PST

    [ALL] What’s your favorite reward you’ve gotten for doing a optional quest/side quest in any Zelda game?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 01:27 PM PST

    [OoT] arachnophobia patch?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 07:42 PM PST

    i feel like a big weenie making this post. i am, in fact, a big weenie. but i've never played this game before, and my friends and i set up a big fun thing together where they were gonna watch me play my first zelda and experience OoT without knowing any of the spoilers, except then spiders happened and it was horrible.

    i've managed to find arachnophobe-friendly patches for more recent games that turn the spider models into literally anything else, but nothing for OoT, and i was hoping maybe someone here would have some kind of resource? i'm emulating the game with retroarch but i'm not especially attached to that emulator specifically.

    thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/nidoqueenofhearts
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW] Missed Opportunity

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 10:23 AM PST

    The "of the Wild" set should change colours anytime the weather conditions change (e.g., red for heat, blue for swimming, green for normal, etc) just as we had to switch tunics in Ocarina of Time. The red would be flame resistant AND cooler in the desert, the blue would give faster swimming speed, etc. The reasoning behind it could've been that it was infused with ancient Shiekah technology, which makes sense because it is a gift from them, after all. This would've made leveling up the set way more worth it, especially since getting it in the first place is pretty lengthy. Just imagine jumping in the water, only for the clothing to start glowing bright, then dimming to reveal the colour change. I dno.. just my $0.02.

    submitted by /u/cvanims
    [link] [comments]

    Which Legend of Zelda game is your favorite? (Statistics) [ALL]

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 10:40 PM PST

    I am trying to find numbers. My favorite LoZ game was Majora's Mask on the N64. When Nintendo remastered it for the 3ds, I had the most fun that I have had in a while. I will take everyone's answer and put it into a pie chart that I will link (ha) in the comments. While you're at it, why don't you say what your favorite moment from that game is. Sincerely, a man just trying to find this subs most popular LoZ game

    submitted by /u/FireMane565
    [link] [comments]

    [BotW] Why I Don't 'Love' BotW

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 10:37 PM PST

    Disclaimer: as I have not been a part of the Zelda community for a very long time I do not know how repetitive some of these opinions are, but with the overwhelming majority of this community loving this game I have decided to make an opinion on why I do not personally believe this game is amazing. Despite me not being in the community for a very long time, I have kept up with it over the years, followed releases, opinions, played Twilight Princess to 100%, etc., but have by no means played most of the games. And as always, this is my opinion and I'm posting it here for discussion, I am very aware people can disagree with me and that's okay.

    First I'm going to start off with the story. The story for the game is amazing, but in my opinion, short. This is the overarching idea for why I think this game is a let down. After you complete the main storyline with the four beasts and the ganon let down, there is not much left to do. I know there are shrines, side quests, and korok seeds, but all of these fall short of something I find enjoyable. The game was extremely good while I was slowly completing the main storyline, but outside of this, it feels very shallow.

    Shrines. The shrines genuinely are fun, but I find it tedious to have to go look for all of them and complete them. I would prefer large dungeons that are not tedious to find with a lot the shrine concepts implemented. I know this Zelda was doing something different with the shrines, but I genuinely believe having the puzzles spread out like this is just not pleasing to do, and I think that a lot of the community would rather good and large dungeons opposed to 120 puzzles spread across Hyrule. I think the community accepts the shrines as is and is more forced to enjoy them than actually preferring them over dungeons. I know this is a tired opinion, but I really dislike doing all of the shrines and I find it hard to muster up the courage to complete all of them after having done the main storyline.

    Side quests. Wow are side quests horrible. I feel no urge to do any side quests after completing a couple of the non-essential ones and getting arbitrary rewards. Obviously there is Terry Town, fairy fountains, and the dragon side quests which are good side quests, although the Terry Town one being the only one with any true length and enjoyment, but other than these the side quests are utterly horrible and offer no real reward. No one wants a couple hundred rupees for side quests, or other items that don't matter. The stories are bland and one off and this is honestly one of the worst side quest implementations I've seen in an open world game. A game like Skyrim has like 5-6 separate side quests storylines that are extremely interesting (on top of a lot of smaller side quests), and BotW should have had a plethora more Terry Town type side quests in the game. Because of the lack of good side quests, the game seems empty after completing the main storyline, BotW needed 10 more Terry Town length storylines in order for it to be good.

    Korok seeds. I like finding Korok seeds everywhere but there are far too many. This, coupled with the 120 shrines makes completing this game very tedious and not enjoyable. I know you don't need all of the seeds, but still, 400+ seeds in order to max inventory is insane and not fun. Not fun. Not fun. I really dislike the amount of seeds and shrines they put in this game to make it seem longer. The game is very short in reality and is 90% filler. I throw the 90% filler remark because the amount of time spent on the main story line compared to the amount you would spend on shrines, koroks, and side quests is probably a ratio of 1:9, if not way more. Copious amounts of endgame repetitive tasks does not make for a good game.

    My biggest gripe with the game is the lack of amount of real content, as you can see above. I liked finding these things on my way through the main storyline, but after finishing the main storyline these things are not fun to do after discovering how many there are of each. Although there really are not a huge amount of side quests in particular, the vast majority of them are arbitrary and boring anyways.

    Second biggest gripe, the main bosses are laughably easy and repetitive. I know each boss has different traits to them and themes, but they all look extremely alike and are legitimately way too easy to defeat. Ganon in particular was extremely easy, and also had the same design as the other main bosses, and by that point the design got boring. I understand the argument of not making the game too hard, but the bosses were just bad. The only good bosses in the game are the side ones. Lynels are amazing, Talons and Hinoxes are slightly less amazing but also very cool to see in the game. The bosses in Twilight Princess blow out every single boss in the game by a long shot and I really can not understand why the creative shortcomings in the main blights were done. Main bosses are boring and easy, essentially. Also as a side point that I'm not really going to expound on, the divine beasts are easy too, along with getting to them being too easy, except the camel one was rather difficult, but even the divine beasts were repetitive. Stun big animal with help of someone related to a champion, get in, move animal to solve puzzle, defeat blight.

    This part is just going to be an unorganized mash up of smaller gripes. Breakable weapons are annoying, master sword isn't the best sword in the game (this is seriously extremely wack), having to always keep track of a horse made me never use them, the horse system is really boring. Yes, I could put a horse in every inch of the map and always have a horse but this is really just not a good mechanic. Moving on though, guardians are beat by literally standing still, I don't like having to change out of my cool armor that I like so that I have to look like a knock off firefighter just to enter a certain region. I know you can circumvent this with potions, but I do not like that idea either. Same goes for cold, but at least the snow outfit looks a bit cooler. Hylian shield breaking is also horrible, I don't care that you can rebuy it. Hyrule castle not changing after beating Ganon is a serious let down. Going back to breakable weapons, the champion weapons you get just made me keep them in my house because I don't want to have to rebuy them. Talking about the house, not putting important things like Link's house, terry town, and the dragons in front of your face in the name of "exploration" is a bad idea and can cause people to miss imporant things. I really did not know about Link's house until I saw someone talk about it. You could argue that I should have explored more, but I had already discovered I did not care about the shallow side quests so I avoided doing them. A good implementation of important but not necessary side quests is in Skyrim, where they show you the dark brotherhood hand, or the thieves guild is slightly involved in the main storyline, etc. Not putting important pieces in the game and allowing the player to easily completely miss them is a bad mechanic no matter how you look at it. This game can not be played to a high percentage of completion without outside help, and this is a horrible fact about BotW.

    With all this said, I think I'm done. I do think BotW is a good game, just there's a lot of things I don't like about it. Please pick apart my arguments so that I may discuss their potential shortcomings with you.

    submitted by /u/skullybud
    [link] [comments]

    [OoT] Original version of Zelda OOT worth?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 06:29 PM PST

    Does anyone know how much the original version of Zelda OOT is worth? Like the very first released version 1, with the censored stuff still included. I'm not selling mine bc it means too much to me, I just never realized it was rare and got curious.

    submitted by /u/wathurtbottle
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW] Blood Moon - ressurects monsters for good?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 12:57 PM PST

    I'm a couple of hours into BoTW right now, experiences a few Blood Moons, read a thing or two about them but I don't quite understand how it fully works. Does the Blood Moon ressurect previously killed enemies only for the night of BM or for good until you kill them again? The reason why I'm asking is because I found new Bokos (a few days after Blood Moon) at a camp spot where I killed them all previously.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/suzie_bol
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW2] Breath of the Wild 2 Idea

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 11:47 AM PST

    So for BoTW2 I have an idea for how they should do the shrine/ dungeons. I know many Zelda fans are wishing for classic dungeons in the Breath of the Wild world, but small shrines fit in great with the pick up and play style of the Switch. SO, what if they did the smaller shrines thrown throughout much of the world like BoTW, but add much larger temples in to the mix that you have to do chronologically like older games. Just an idea, comment what you think and your ideas!

    submitted by /u/NCRunner1
    [link] [comments]

    [LA] Why would I get the switch version?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 06:53 PM PST

    The switch version is 60$, and the DX version on 3DS virtual console is 6$. So... why would I spend 54$ for what amounts to, essentially, a graphical upgrade? Is there something I'm missing? I get there's a few QoL improvements like more item equips at once, but is that really worth it?

    submitted by /u/Notchmath
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW] Should I buy it again for Switch?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 07:52 AM PST

    So I have a little question for y'all...

    I've always been in love with videogames and specially with Nintendo. Way back 2017 I bought BoTW for Wii U bc at the time I couldn't afford a Switch and I HAD TO PLAY IT. January of 2018 I got the Switch and I've been enjoying it so much, I love it, etc. But now I really wanna play BoTW again, I just love the sensation it gave me, it's such a unique experience. The thing is, I want to get it for my Switch but it's paying money that maybe I could invest in another game (even tho I have most of the games I am interested in on Switch.)

    So what should I do, buy the game again for Switch or just replay it on the Wii U and use that money to buy another game in Switch (or just save it)? (Mainly asking myself about this bc I know performance is better on Switch)

    Thx :)

    submitted by /u/david_0313
    [link] [comments]

    [BotW] English accents

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 11:51 PM PST

    Was anyone else bothered by the English accents of Hylian characters? I really think I'd prefer the Hylian characters have American accents, something neutral obviously, not a Brooklyn accent. I like to think of Hyrule as similar to Amestrus in Fullmetal Alchemist. My main complaint is Zelda. I simply cannot take her seriously with her frilly English voice. I love the game otherwise.

    submitted by /u/CrowRebirth
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] I don't know what my problem is

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 05:23 PM PST

    I grew up on the Zelda games. AL2TP was my first. OoT was a masterpiece for me when it came out. I remember being giddy like a school girl when Majora dropped and stealing it from under the Christmas Tree so I could play it sooner. Twilight Princess captured that feeling of OoT but I felt it was made for an older me. Ever since then I have felt nothing but disappointment.

    This is most likely just me. I do not like any of the new directions these games have taken since TP. To me that was the peak Zelda experience and nothing has topped it since. The art and game play style of every entry since has just looked like a silly cartoon. These stories I have replayed over and over have made me feel a whole range of emotions, all of them left me feeling empty once the credits rolled (in a good way). But one thing in particular I feel these newer games are missing is the theme of maturity.

    I am sure if I played BoTW I would find these themes. I feel shallow because I refuse to play it due to the art style and I think the Switch is an overpriced gimmick that is light years behind in hardware and software. I hold out hope in my older age that my dream Zelda game will be made (mature theme, more realistic graphics, enemies that don't go poof, a linear-open world), but I need to accept that it's most likely never going to happen. Everything needs to be a massive open world RPG these days for some reason (I realize Zelda is not an RPG but just bear with me).

    Maybe I just grew out of it. Maybe the gaming industry has made me cynical.

    Do any other series vets feel the same?

    Have any others felt the same but gave it the ol' college try anyway and fell in love?

    If you are out there, what kind of mindset did you put yourself in?

    Before you down vote me to hell, just imagine what it was like to be an 8 year old kid getting OoT, playing it for the first time and then watch the series not grow up with you. That's sort of where I am at.

    submitted by /u/AmptiChrist
    [link] [comments]

    [OTHER] What games should I (or could I) play?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 02:29 PM PST

    I got myself very interested with the zelda games, I tried ALTTP but couldn't finish it because my data corrupted and some days ago I got to finish TMC and I really loved it!

    So the thing is, I decided to buy a Switch and obviously BOTW but I need something to play while I save money. Should I go back to ALTTP or try GB/GBC/DS games?

    PS: Sadly I have to use emulators on my phone for now, so I can't play Wii/Gamecube games and such

    submitted by /u/Hemlock_Deci
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment