• Breaking News

    Monday, December 23, 2019

    The Legend of Zelda | Today is Merchandise Monday. So you can post your collections, boxes, photos of your game, a cool t-shirt your found, etc today only! - December 23, 2019

    The Legend of Zelda | Today is Merchandise Monday. So you can post your collections, boxes, photos of your game, a cool t-shirt your found, etc today only! - December 23, 2019


    Today is Merchandise Monday. So you can post your collections, boxes, photos of your game, a cool t-shirt your found, etc today only! - December 23, 2019

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 01:05 AM PST

    From the rule in the sidebar:

    Feel free to post news about new official merchandise whenever you like but for unofficial goods, or photos of your personal collection, please post them on Merchandise Mondays.

    The sub gets filled with people taking photos of their collections, their amiibos, their copy of [insert game here] as well as people wanting to sell you stuff. So we limit it to Monday's so it doesn't over take the sub.

    Brand new official merchandise announcements are allowed any day of the week, just unofficial merch or photos of your own merch is limited to today!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Does Anyone Else Want Another Linear 3D Zelda Game?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 08:31 AM PST

    So I been playing BOTW for the first time, great game. However when I contrast this game to Zelda OOT/MM, WW, TP, it doesn't really have that traditional 3D zelda style of linear plot. I enjoy the fact I can go do whatever I want in BOTW, I'm not tied down to a linear quest, but at the same time when it comes to Zelda games, I kinda enjoy that. I don't want the series to completely abandon the linear plot however. There is a such thing as "too much freedom". Now I have nothing against BOTW's freedom and complete open world adventure, but I do feel it takes away from a bit of the role playing and that classic 3D zelda experience I'm so used to. Maybe this isn't a very popular opinion, but after the next BOTW style zelda, I hope they return to their classic 3D format of linear plot, preferably another Twilight Princess style nitty gritty zelda game.

    Now I've put easily multiple thousand hours in bethesda titles over the past decades so the style BOTW takes is super appealing to me. However I can't help but feel that it's more of an experiment like every zelda game has had, each one with it's own unique new feature of gameplay it typically puts a focus on. IE traveling through time, wearing masks, sailing, turning into a wolf, using motion controls. We've seen these features come and go, and theres plenty of things that if another zelda title decides to revert to linear plot should keep such as the more in depth customization of weapons armor, and combat tactics. But I would personally really enjoy another zelda game that reverts back to that linear plot based zelda experience.

    submitted by /u/Cornpop1962
    [link] [comments]

    [LA] Finally 100%

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 07:55 PM PST

    Took a while but finally did it! 😃

    https://imgur.com/zdlJgG1

    submitted by /u/Marrerojj
    [link] [comments]

    [BOTW] made a working BOTW clock

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 03:19 PM PST

    A few classmates and I made this zelda inspired working clock https://youtu.be/kVywt2Ir-qk

    submitted by /u/Superlione
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] First post was taken down since it wasn't Merch Monday (my bad), but I'm back WITH THE LINKS if you want your own!

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 01:39 AM PST

    [OoT] Why I Love the Zelda Games

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 09:06 AM PST

    I just wanna talk about why I love the Zelda games. Stories have always been a very important part of my life. Reading of course but also movies and even music sometimes. I thought that a person couldn't really include video games in that kind of list though, that would just be a sign that you haven't really grown up yet. But I don't think that anymore. If that's true, then 'growing up' needs to be redefined.

    I began to realize how important the stories of Zelda games were to me as I started to get farther into the hobby of creative writing. In fact the first story I tried to write was, I later realized, Zelda fanfiction. (really bad Zelda fanfiction) But as I've developed further the ideas that I hope to eventually (maybe) turn into a novel (maybe), it's helped me to realize more fully what it is about Link's character and the Zelda stories that I love so much.

    In Ocarina of Time specifically, Link always fails in the most important way at every thing he tries. But that never stops him from putting himself in a position to be responsible for something's wellbeing. Before anything starts the Great Deku Tree needs help and asks Link to try to save him. Link tries. Link fails. He then goes to Zelda and they realize that Ganondorf is after the spiritual stones to get in the Sacred Realm. Link tries to get the stones to keep them and the Sacred Realm safe. He gets the stones, but he has done exactly as Ganondorf expected and Ganon has planned for it.

    We get to see then how horrible the world has become, how much the individuals that Link met as a child have suffered because of his failure. Malon indentured under Ingo, the Gorons imprisoned in Mount Doom, the diaspora of Hyrule Castle Town, the list goes on but my memory fails for names. But Link doesn't stop. He may be discouraged but he does not stop. He continues to do what he believes will help the people that he cares about. And in the end, he is able to confront Ganondorf and beat him and finally seal away the King of Evil.

    submitted by /u/ImForgettableOnImgur
    [link] [comments]

    [LA] Shoplifting Without Consequences in Link's Awakening DX for the GBC

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 10:12 PM PST

    PRE-DISCLAIMER: THIS INVOLVES EDITING YOUR SAVE FILE AND IS ONLY CONVENIENT IF YOU ARE PLAYING WITH AN EMULATOR.

    DISCLAIMER: This only works with Link's Awakening DX on the Game Boy Colour, and doing this is both impossible and useless on the Switch version.

    In Link's Awakening, if you steal an item, most likely the bow (980 rupees?!) from the Town Tool Shop in Mabe Village, your save file will be permanently altered: Link's name will be replaced with the word "THIEF" for the rest of the game, and any attempted revisits to the shop will result in a zippy, zappy death.

    So, that kind of sucks. But that's fine, you can just not steal, right? Well, that won't quite work, because in Link's Awakening DX, you must steal an item from the Town Tool Shop (again, I recommend the bow) to get one of the photos to fill the Photographer's album. Now, nobody likes consequences, especially consequences as in-your-face as being called "THIEF" by every character and interactable object in the game.

    Luckily for you, random gamer, there is a solution where you can have your cake and eat it too! All you'll need is a hex editor, the general idea of what hex editing is, and a save file from any competent Game Boy Colour emulator (I use bgb) from a point after you've stolen from the Town Tool Shop. The save file, if you're using bgb, will be located in the same folder as your ROM (which is your usually illegal dump of the gbc game). It should be something like "Legend of Zelda, The - Links Awakening DX (U) (V1.2) [C][!].sav".

    Open the save file with your hex editor and scroll down to line 00000470. You should see three sets of "00" followed by a "01". All you have to do is change that "01" (which should be in the fourth set of characters from the left, or value 03) to "00" and then save the file. Voila! You can now enjoy the rest of the game guilt-free.

    WARNING: Doing this alone only resets the flag that changes your name. The shopkeeper will still attack and kill you if you try to re-enter. See P.P.S. below to remedy that too.

    P.S.: If you are interested in further cheating with this save file, there is an amazing table of values located here, made by Artemis251 like a decade ago.

    P.P.S.: Editing value 0B on line 440 might prevent the shopkeeper from killing you upon re-entering the shop. I haven't tested this though. EDIT: I have tested it & it works

    submitted by /u/natbergu
    [link] [comments]

    [WW] Hand made Wind Waker mosaic

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 01:08 AM PST

    [BotW] I need advice for fighting Club-wielding Lynel.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 11:02 PM PST

    Out of all the Lynels, the club wielding one is the only one I cannot beat. That thing one shots me (unlike spear) and I cannot figure out the proper dodge timing (unlike sword). Any tips?

    submitted by /u/temptillbday
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Zelda "Best Of" Awards!

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 01:58 PM PST

    Just some opinions and discussion for the fun of it! Feel free to explain any reasoning or only answer some categories!

    Best Design:

    Best Gameplay:

    Best Mechanic:

    Best Story:

    Best Music:

    Best Sound Design:

    Best Link:

    Best Zelda:

    Best Companion:

    Best Villain:

    Best Small/Supporting Character:

    Best Overall:

    Best Design: Breath of the Wild

    Best Gameplay: Breath of the Wild

    Best Mechanic: Wall Morphing - Link Between Worlds

    Best Story: Link's Awakening

    Best Music: Wind Waker

    Best Sound Design: Spirit Tracks

    Best Link: Ocarina of Time

    Best Zelda: Skyward Sword

    Best Companion: Zelda - Spirit Tracks

    Best Villain: Majora - Majora's Mask

    Best Small/Supporting Character: Medli - Wind Waker

    Best Overall: Link to the Past

    submitted by /u/lilybeer98
    [link] [comments]

    [OoT] The ultimate zelda medly played on ocarina

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 02:50 PM PST

    I don't think it gets much better than this.
    https://youtu.be/Fk8gFqaRcsI

    Got goosebumps all throughout!

    I've been playing the ocarina for a few years myself so if anyone has any questions regarding that, feel free to ask!

    submitted by /u/Eendhoorn
    [link] [comments]

    Zora's Domain Remix [BoTW]

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 04:14 AM PST

    A while back, I sampled the piano from the night version of the Zora's Domain theme and made a beat from it.

    What do you think of it? If love to hear your feedback.

    https://soundcloud.com/pluto-beatz/zoras-domain

    submitted by /u/PlutosBeatz
    [link] [comments]

    [OTHER] Does anyone know where I can find that comic on the origins of Ganondorf?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 04:33 PM PST

    I feel like I'm going crazy. About 1-2 years ago, someone posted a comic (I believe in /r/gaming) detailing the origins of Ganondorf. It was from the perspective of a Gerudo woman– who watched as Ganondorf's thirst for power grew. I feel like I've searched all of Reddit and Google, but I can't find it anywhere! If someone knows what I'm talking about and can help me find the comic, I would MUCH appreciate it. Thanks :]

    submitted by /u/_MrPig
    [link] [comments]

    [WW] Lawnmower

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 02:40 PM PST

    I was playing windwaker this weekend and remembered cutting grass for rupees. So, I told two of the neighborhood kids if they mowed the lawn they would find money in the grass. It was fun watching them get excited over mowing the lawn. (Just to clarify, I did give them 20$ to split afterwards)

    submitted by /u/GreenGuardianssbu
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Is it time for link prime?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 01:30 PM PST

    As it stands we know that there was a link before all links, the original link, link prime. A man hated by his nation and falsely imprisoned for fear of his strength, then beseeched for help against a formidable enemy. Hylia, having hand picked her champion, feels pain for his terrible life and reincarnated him, and then herself to live alongside him and guide him to a better, happier life.

    By my undersanding this link/zelda is the incarnation we see in skyward sword, and would technically be the first reincarnation.

    So, is it time for us to get links TRUE origin story? To see how the spirit of the hero came to be?

    And what about the tragedy of zelda I? We need answers:)

    submitted by /u/Kaisune
    [link] [comments]

    [Botw] or Links awakening

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 05:14 PM PST

    Which game is harder? Like bosses and combat?

    submitted by /u/bispese
    [link] [comments]

    [Other] looking for an English to Wind Waker Hylian translation.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 04:49 PM PST

    Want "love my children" in Hylian for a tattoo idea. I have a son named Link.

    submitted by /u/BigToober69
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment