• Breaking News

    Monday, March 30, 2020

    The Legend of Zelda | Today is Merchandise Monday. So you can post your collections, boxes, photos of your game, a cool t-shirt your found, etc today only! - March 30, 2020

    The Legend of Zelda | Today is Merchandise Monday. So you can post your collections, boxes, photos of your game, a cool t-shirt your found, etc today only! - March 30, 2020


    Today is Merchandise Monday. So you can post your collections, boxes, photos of your game, a cool t-shirt your found, etc today only! - March 30, 2020

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 10:07 PM PDT

    From the rule in the sidebar:

    Feel free to post news about new official merchandise whenever you like but for unofficial goods, or photos of your personal collection, please post them on Merchandise Mondays.

    The sub gets filled with people taking photos of their collections, their amiibos, their copy of [insert game here] as well as people wanting to sell you stuff. So we limit it to Monday's so it doesn't over take the sub.

    Brand new official merchandise announcements are allowed any day of the week, just unofficial merch or photos of your own merch is limited to today!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    [OC] Link vs Dark Link

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    [all] Anyone else find themselves replaying Zelda during times of high stress?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    I've been playing Zelda for 20+ years now. I've played almost every single title at least twice. I know these games like the back of my hand, and very little should surprise me at this point.

    And yet, without fail, I always turn back to Zelda during really stressful periods of my life. Getting bullied in elementary school, having panic attacks in university, being unemployed, severe depression; Zelda has gotten me through all of these periods of my life. And now here we are in a global pandemic and I just ran through Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask back-to-back in a week, and I'm hauling my Wii U out of storage to start on Wind Waker/Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword!

    Zelda is the ultimate video game comfort food. Just so welcoming and engrossing and exciting. And I still find things to be surprised and impressed (and sometimes frustrated) with, all these years later.

    So which Zelda are you playing through these troubling times?

    submitted by /u/detraction-action
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW] Is BoTW worth it ? It would be my first ever Zelda

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    So I got my Switch yesterday, mainly for Animal Crossing. I really ever heard only positive things about this game.

    Now I am looking for a second game for my switch to change things up over the next weeks/months :)

    Is Zelda worth it ? Even if I never played a Zelda before ?

    submitted by /u/BeJott98
    [link] [comments]

    [MM]Girlfriend wanted a tattoo for her birthday and I got the surprise!

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 12:58 AM PDT

    Reunion , made by me [OoT] [OC]

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 01:13 AM PDT

    Playing the remake for the first time. Let's get some nostalgia. [WW]

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 01:15 AM PDT

    [ALL] what is your favorite 3D zelda game

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 10:44 PM PDT

    [OoT] I hate Like Likes

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 06:42 PM PDT

    I hate Like Likes

    Was just going through the Spirit Temple in Ocarina of Time, and I entered a room with a chest in the center of it. I immediately ran to it and opened it. As I opened it, I could hear the music telling me there was an enemy nearby. Immediately after the opening chest cutscene ends, I get swallowed by a Like Like, and my red tunic and shield had been swallowed. Then I got curious: how many tunics can a Like Like swallow? Now wearing my green tunic, I got swallowed again, but nothing happened. So I changed into my blue tunic, and then let it swallow me. Sure enough, it swallowed my blue tunic, and I was left with only my green tunic. Now I decide that playtime's over, and kill it with the Master Sword.

    ONLY MY SHIELD AND BLUE TUNIC APPEAR. MY RED TUNIC IS GONE. WTF!?

    submitted by /u/User267
    [link] [comments]

    Half Dragon Link? Sure. Made by me [OC]

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 01:21 AM PDT

    [BotW] 2 needs Golden Skulltullas.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 04:00 PM PDT

    I'm replaying OoT because it's been about a year since my last playthrough, and I am reminded of just how cool the concept of Golden Skulltullas is. Breath of the Wild 2 is supposedly darker than Majora's Mask, and you know what would be really cool and really dark? If you, as Link or Zelda, encounter a house with people who are cursed to live the rest of their days as Skulltullas. Can you imagine how creepy and terrifying they can look in BotW graphical style? Not only that, but it might be good to have a new collectible, instead of searching for Koroks everywhere over the world.

    submitted by /u/RelicWarrior
    [link] [comments]

    [BotW] Has anyone played BotW on both the WiiU and the Switch?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 09:44 PM PDT

    Is it better on the Switch?

    I've tried to get into it but always gave up after 45 minutes or so. While I'm not a fan of weapon degradation and inventory management/crafting, what ultimately made me hang it up each time was the camera and fighting mechanics. They were just such a pain.

    Has anyone played the game on both systems? If so is it better on the Switch?

    submitted by /u/ingloriousbxtr
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your favorite Zelda Villain [ALL]

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 11:19 PM PDT

    Any villain from spin-offs to main villain's like Agahim,Dark link,Bellum,Ganon and more! Please leave in comments

    submitted by /u/Diamond_weeb26
    [link] [comments]

    [MM] is Majoras Mask 3D as bad a remake as I think? Or am I just being biased to my nostalgia?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 11:04 PM PDT

    I haven't played the N64 version for awhile, but MM has always been my favorite Zelda game, but every time i play through it on the 3DS I find myself getting upset with all the little changes to it, some are small like the way they changed the music in the astral observatory, some large like changing the boss fights. The thing is that it's been so long since I played the original that I really don't know if I'm only picking out the bad changes and ignoring the good ones? Do you think MM3D is a bad remake?

    submitted by /u/oinkoinkacab
    [link] [comments]

    First timers: never look up solutions online, you WILL regret it. [ALL]

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 12:54 AM PDT

    I did it to find the color dungeon in LA, immediately realized how obvious it was. Regretted it. Told myself I wouldn't do it in ALTTP. Did it to find Tower of Hera, even though I was thinking "I wonder what's up with that weird patch of grass". Again, kicking myself and wishing I hadn't because there's no satisfaction in that. You can only discover a game once. There's always an asterisk in my mind next to beating the game.

    What sucks is after I do that then it's easier for me to say later on in the game when I get stuck "well I already looked up one thing, might as well do it again" and it subtracts from my enjoyment every time.

    The original might be an exception though, unless you want to grind for hundreds of bombs/rupees or walk in and out of the same screen to burn bushes over and over. Also in the new LA I never in a million years would have figured out the walrus seashell.

    submitted by /u/SafeThrowaway691
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] What is your least, and second least favorite Zelda game.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 06:42 PM PDT

    [BOTW] Today I learned wind bombs

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 06:53 PM PDT

    I did two in a row and they are super fun!

    submitted by /u/Kenji-jjba
    [link] [comments]

    [OTHER] What (affordable) affordable Zelda game should I choose next?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 08:32 PM PDT

    I played through Ocarina of Time and a lot of BOTW and I want some more good zelda games, while keeping it affordable too. Does anyone know which one I should choose next?

    submitted by /u/CW_Drty
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] What’s your opinion on the DS zelda games? (Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass)

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 01:45 AM PDT

    [All] what are The stupidest ways you got yourself killed at any Zelda game?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 01:35 AM PDT

    I am playing breath of the wild for the first time and I jumped to my death from the tower because I assumed I would be able to use a paraglider that I saw in one of the gameplay trailers.

    submitted by /u/King_Of_Boxes
    [link] [comments]

    [LoZ] How long do people live in the Zelda universe?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 12:29 PM PDT

    So, disclaimer, I've only played Breath of the Wild (but it's still one of my favorite games ever) so I don't know too much about the other games in the series and if this question has been answered in prior games.

    Recently I've been doing some reading up on the Zelda timeline(s) and lore, and it is so profound and fascinating. The depth of storytelling in these games is so much deeper than I thought. One of the most notable discoveries I made is that Zelda and Link aren't necessarily the same person across all the timelines which made a lot more sense and explained the paradox of how you can play as Link in the failed hero timeline and how Link and Zelda could be alive 10,000 years ago. But then I thought back to Breath of the Wild which made me wonder how long people actually live in the Zelda universe.

    The thing that immediately came to mind is - how the hell is Zelda still a young woman? When we see her after defeating Ganon in BotW, she looks the exact same as she did in the memories form 100 years ago. What gives? In other games the multiple Zelda thing had some more leeway because we couldn't hear their voices, but now we do hear her, and she sounds the exact same as she did 100 years ago. Plus, that really doesn't make sense anyway. How would Zelda manage to get pregnant, have a baby, die, and have said baby be able to use her sealing power extremely fast, all while keeping Calamity Ganon at bay? It definitely didn't come naturally for Zelda, so why would Zelda Jr. be able to use it immediately? I don't buy it. Then there's the question of Link. Assuming present-Zelda is the same as 100 years ago-Zelda, then is Link aging in his slumber? If Zelda looks the same after 100 years, then I was initially under the impression he was in something like Chell's stasis at the beginning of Portal 2, where her aging is suspended?

    So these two cases kind of imply that aging just happens very slowly, but then there's some more contradictions to this idea. For example, Impa is a very old lady, and it's been 100 years. Frankly, we don't see her 100 years earlier but then there's the case of Sidon. In an interaction with him, he says he remember when Link would come and train with Mipha which is fair, but what really contradicts Zelda's case is the Mipha's song memory from the Champions' Ballad DLC. After beating Waterblight Ganon for the second time, we see a cutscene where Zelda recruits Mipha as a champion. Shortly after, Mipha encourages a toddler Sidon to try swimming up the waterfall, and while this is very cute and sweet, Sidon's age totally contradicts Zelda. Sidon is a toddler here who can seemingly barely talk, but when we see him in gameplay he's a young man. Zelda remained a young woman for 100 years, but Sidon aged pretty significantly. So what gives, Nintendo?

    I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around how this could possibly work and if someone could possibly point me in the right direction I would be so very grateful. The way I see it is that there's a retcon, a plot hole, or Zoras and Hylians just age differently (which still doesn't explain Zelda). SOMEONE PLZ EXPLAIN! D:

    EDIT: I also forgot to mention, a Zora guard asks if you remember him and says that him and Link played together 100 years ago

    submitted by /u/ManofCatsYT
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW2] Thoughts on new environments?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 11:08 AM PDT

    I've just been thinking about what they could expand upon in the sequel. Honestly it surprises me still that we're getting a whole entire sequel and not just more plot dlc like the champion's ballad or something. Mostly I'm thinking of new places they could introduce, I mean the cave place we saw in the trailer is definitely new. I'd personally love new environments or ways to get to places.

    Note: these are places I'd like to see in the game, not places I think they're going to add or anything cause those are different.

    -I'd love to be able to go underwater, maybe it's just me but I love underwater themed areas in games. Zora's domain was so pretty, I'd love to be able to dive and actually go underwater at least to catch fish better or like collect coral or shells or something maybe? Honestly I was pretty surprised you couldn't do that in the first game. Also a diving outfit could be a cool thing to add.

    -It seems like we may get this, judging by the chasm in the trailer but I'd love more actual caves like in older games. I really loved the caves in wind waker, they were expansive and usually themed after one thing or the other. I'd love to have something like that in botw's style.

    -More Zonai stuff maybe? Maybe seeing more of their actual culture besides statues. Maybe you can get Zonai gear or weapons or there are abandoned buildings so we can see how they lived. I'm super doubting this would ever happen but going back in time to actually meet the Zonai would be pretty cool.

    -The minish village? I remember there being concept art of a tiny town you could come across, this seems similar to the minish cap where you shrink down and stuff. That'd be cool to see in a 3d environment, there was something similar in okami and it was pretty dope there.

    That's all I have, I'd love to know your thoughts on what I've said or your own ideas of what you guys think you'd wanna see in terms of environment in the second game!

    submitted by /u/CitrusCitizen
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment