• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 16, 2020

    The Legend of Zelda | [BoTW] Biweekly Questions Thread: Ask questions and get help! - June 15, 2020

    The Legend of Zelda | [BoTW] Biweekly Questions Thread: Ask questions and get help! - June 15, 2020


    [BoTW] Biweekly Questions Thread: Ask questions and get help! - June 15, 2020

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    The new queue has many questions being asked so here's a biweekly megathread to help your question not get lost. You're more than welcome to continue to make threads with questions. Please try and help users by answering their questions!

    Questions could have spoilers in them! BEWARE ALL THOSE WHO ENTER! Minor spoilers will be below about weapons, bosses, locations, etc. But someone might ask a question regarding a moment that has happened you have not experienced. So please know what you're entering.

    Tips and Tricks Megathread

    Want tips and tricks? Read all the tips and tricks provided by you, the users. Or submit your own.

    Spoiler policy

    >> Read the spoiler policy here. <<

    TL;DR: Major locations/temples and major character names will be allowed in titles with the release of the game. Titles still must be vague and cannot divulge storylines. Boss names, dungeon weapons, plot points are not allowed in titles.

    Titles must begin with [SPOILERS] when discussing the game or they will be removed.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly Discussion Thread! Like chatting about Zelda? Chat below about anything and everything. Also consider joining our Official Partnered Discord server!

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 10:05 PM PDT

    Use this thread to discuss anything about The Legend of Zelda or anything else on your mind!

    We also have an official /r/Zelda Discord Server (that's also officially partnered). Join us by using this link: https://discordapp.com/invite/SZNzWW8

    Or, join these other great Zelda Subreddits to talk more about Zelda!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW2] Welcome To Heroes Crossing

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 04:32 PM PDT

    [BoTW] So I was playing Breath of the Wild and this just happened

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 06:03 AM PDT

    [ALL] Just finished my main series shadow box!

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 06:41 AM PDT

    [BotW] A Feast to Remember... (full 4K version, art by @y_ambe)

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    [BoTW] My Finished Hylian Knight armor!

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    [BoTW] No one loves you more than yourself.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 06:54 PM PDT

    [BoTW] I noticed at the Sacred Ground Ruins, the triforce has a crack through the Triforce of Courage, possibly signifying Link's defeat 100 years ago.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 11:51 AM PDT

    [BoTW2] Do you like this phone wallpaper for the Upcoming Breath of the Wild sequel? Artist @5koji on Twitter

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 03:02 AM PDT

    [OC] [ALTTP] I finally finished my epic cross stitch piece!

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 12:25 AM PDT

    [MM][OC] I love this game far too much

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 04:34 PM PDT

    [OOT] Start them young. My 4 yo found out how to call Epona. She’s been doing it for 15 min now.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 08:20 PM PDT

    [BoTW] I don't like rain. It's coarse and wet and it gets everywhere

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 01:47 PM PDT

    [OTHER] Mmmhhhmm

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 04:52 PM PDT

    [MM] I made this for a specific discord server. Now it goes here

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 11:25 PM PDT

    [BoTW] spent a few hours on this redraw of an old artwork

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 09:57 AM PDT

    [BotW] My mom drew this for my first PC build!

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 06:30 AM PDT

    [MM] [OF] I recently played Majora's mask, it was the first game I played and it got me so inspired that I decided to draw Skull Kid! speedpaint in comment section.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    [OC] My little sister painted the Master Sword for me as a Christmas present, got told to post it here

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    [MC] No, No—Phantom Link Clone #3 got a Piece of Heart.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    [OoT] Yesterday I finished the current chapter of my zelda parody comic. This panel is based on one of my favorite classic memes

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    [OC] drew some fanart of midna

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 02:14 PM PDT

    [TPHD] Jack Kirby Crosby clears up why a new mural with Rito was in Twilight Princess HD

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 06:40 PM PDT

    I was looking around the internet and saw an easter egg in the Temple of Time from TP HD saying "Jack Kirby Crosby made this" backwards. I decided to contact him, a person who worked on the port from Australia, and asked him about the new mural depicting the Rito here. Lots of people found it weird the Rito (who only appeared in WW from the adult timeline) were depicted in Twilight Princess (child timeline) and thought this might be a connection to BotW (As there are 2 other easter eggs in there.) He thankfully answered to me right away and shed light on this mural that existed in the game. Here is what he said:

    "I suspect the real answer won't be all that satisfying I'm afraid!
    A lot of the original textures were often photos that had been manipulated into textures, the one you shared there (I showed him the mural from above) was actually a picture of some ancient ruins relief - I suspect Roman - completely unnoticeable in the SD. Version but once in HD it stuck out a fair bit.
    So often with these complex murals I would make things up. We had the Zelda art book - and so in this particular case I used it for reference and just put stuff that I liked in. I did kind of imagine a story that I would like to see happen in a Zelda game though what that story is I'll leave up to interpretation.
    I'm not sure Link being a child is relevant though since Link would have been a child at some point in all timelines.
    Thanks for reaching out it was a really fun project to work on - I'm very proud of the work we did on the game."

    I then asked what he meant about it being unnoticeable in the SD version:

    "Well we were working on the HD version, so like we would look over every texture from the original and try to recreate it the way you might remember it as a child playing it for the first time for example you memory of the textures wasn't that they were photobashed it was this beautiful water colour painterly style - it didn't always work out that way - but for the most part that was the intention.
    So we would take a texture grass, stone, wood etc from the original, analyse it, and then to the best of our ability re paint it in a way that made it look better but remained faithful to the original.
    The texture my name is in, for example I was decoding the original text and as I spelled it out as "abcdefghijk... etc" (which is more or less what it was) which I thought was really boring and not fair on the person who went to that much effort to decode it (including my self haha) so i re did it with jack Kirby Crosby made this - never actually expecting it to get past QA..
    So it wasn't till like half a year later when the game actually came out that someone messaged me and I was like: "oh no!!!!" Haha
    The mural in castle town was basically after I spent like a week re-texturing the inside of a shop with lots of reliefs in it using a similar method. - and I think someone higher up at Nintendo had seen it and said re do some of the reliefs in castle town in a similar style. Which is why all the columns looks different.
    Hopefully that helps"

    So basically, they needed to create new textures to replace the old muddy ones from the original game and the team working on the HD port used a Zelda art book for inspiration for the mural that was added in the HD version. Nothing lore-related about it from what it seems. Thanks to Jack Kirby Crosby for clearing this up.

    This isn't the most bizarre thing in Twilight Princess from the Adult timeline btw. Some of the gravestones in Kakariko village have the prologue from The Wind Waker written on them in Hylian as well (In both the original and HD port). There's also the fact the Korok and Majora Mask is in A Link Between Worlds.

    submitted by /u/EvanD0
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] My Zelda game tier list. (I didn’t create the template) I only put the games I’ve played.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 08:17 PM PDT

    [OoT] Something About Zelda Ocarina of Time - PART 1

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 10:25 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment