• Breaking News

    Monday, July 20, 2020

    The Legend of Zelda | Today is Merchandise Monday. So you can post your collections, boxes, photos of your game, a cool etsy craft you found, etc today only! - July 20, 2020

    The Legend of Zelda | Today is Merchandise Monday. So you can post your collections, boxes, photos of your game, a cool etsy craft you found, etc today only! - July 20, 2020


    Today is Merchandise Monday. So you can post your collections, boxes, photos of your game, a cool etsy craft you found, etc today only! - July 20, 2020

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 10:07 PM PDT

    From the rule in the sidebar:

    Feel free to post news about new official merchandise whenever you like but for unofficial goods, or photos of your personal collection, please post them on Merchandise Mondays.

    The sub gets filled with people taking photos of their collections, their amiibos, their copy of [insert game here] as well as people wanting to sell you stuff. So we limit it to Monday's so it doesn't over take the sub.

    Brand new official merchandise announcements are allowed any day of the week, just unofficial merch or photos of your own merch is limited to today!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Ranking every LoZ game, now that I've beaten them all

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:33 PM PDT

    I've been a fan of this series since pretty much as long as I can remember, but before 2020 there were many games in the series that I had never played. After listening to some old OCRemixes and feeling nostalgic toward the end of 2019, I decided to make 2020 my year of Zelda, and I would beat every game in the series that I hadn't yet. That included: Hyrule Warriors, Cadence of Hyrule, Triforce Heroes, Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword, Link's Awakening, the original Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, and Oracle of Seasons. FS and FSA, I excluded due to not having the hardware required, but I will still include FSA in this ranking because I have played enough of it to have a good feel for it. So with the introduction out of the way, let me explain:

    I'm not an official reviewer, just a guy who thinks this series is really fun. I'm going to be ranking these based primarily on which one I would prefer to play over another, and not so much on their design, objectively speaking. Basically, how fun was the game for me? I'll go from worst to best, while providing some justification for each of them, but I'll try to limit it to no more than 2 paragraphs. So here we go:

    Zelda II: Adventure of Link Plot twist, am I right? Yeah, this game deserves its reputation. I will give it credit- some of its innovations over the previous game went on to become well-designed staples of the series, but this one was clearly in its infancy. It's hard. Brutally hard, and it punishes you for not being good enough. Combat and dungeon design just don't feel fair in this game, and I did not have fun playing it. Bottom of the well for this one.

    The Legend of Zelda A classic, but clearly missing the things we have come to love about the series. This one is also punishingly difficult, but with the exception of wizrobes, it isn't outright bullshit like Zelda 2 is. This game requires a guide though, has no story, and has nothing you could consider a 'puzzle'. It does have some good ideas- optional items that help you, like the rings and shield, but as with Zelda 2, these were in their infancy, and were greatly improved in subsequent games. These are the only two games I would outright call "not fun". Everything above this, I consider to be good games .

    Link's Awakening. Before I played it, this game was one of my favorites. The music and the story captivated my imagination since I was a child. But the reality left me sorely disappointed. For one, the game is really, really short, and there isn't all that much to do. Outside the main story, really all there is are the mysterious shells and the color dungeon. That said, the progression is pretty great- getting the gold leaves, or rescuing Bowwow, for example. Great stuff! But it isn't interesting. Why do I care about waking up exactly? And why do I care about the island disappearing? Marin is the only character that actually feels like a character, and I only completed the game because, well, that's the objective. This is the only entry in the series that I really felt no compulsion within the game itself to complete, which is a real shame. The idea of Link committing a necessary evil is great, but in practice it just fell flat. That said, this is still a good, fun game, which I do recommend.

    Spirit Tracks Putting this one this low on the list actually hurts, because I truly did enjoy this game! Spirit Tracks is good, and I really do recommend it to every fan of the series. But when compared to its competition, it just has to land near the end. I can't say it does anything wrong, but it just isn't really a standout game. The dungeons were just 'okay', and the train customization was very lackluster, especially compared to the S.S. Linebeck in Phantom Hourglass. But the story, while one of the more childish entries- is genuinely good, and I really enjoyed it. Zelda is an actual character in this, and she's great in the role! The game also has a lot of side missions to do, which pad out the game's runtime with some genuinely fun activities with worthwhile rewards. Really, again, this is not a bad game, play it if you haven't before. The ONE thing I will complain about is the overuse of the microphone though. Playing the pan flute is needlessly complicated and difficult, and using the blower item will make you lightheaded. It's just an annoying gimmick that the game would have been better without. The music is some of the series' best though!

    Oracle of Seasons This game is honestly lots of fun. It took what Link's Awakening provided and just straight-up made a better game out of it. The rings are much better collectibles than the mysterious shells, it's much longer, and you actually care about the plot. That said, the story isn't interesting. It has the opposite problem from Link's Awakening- boring story, but good motivation. Onox might just be the most one-dimensional villain in the entire series- even more than Maladus. But you still feel the need to take him down, unlike the nightmares, which are just sitting there minding their own business, not bothering anybody. But the one aspect where this game truly shines is in its overworld. This game has a wealth of items, and the Rod of Seasons on top of that, and the designers used that to its fullest when designing the game. It's just brilliant.

    Oracle of Ages Ages gets most of the praise that Seasons gets, but it shines in different areas. Where Seasons had a fantastic overworld and use of items, Ages has by far the superior story. You care much more about the characters, and Veran has so much more presence than Onox. She actually has a plot, wheras Onox just wants chaos. The dungeons were also better than in Seasons, though the overworld isn't as interesting- I liked the Subrosians a lot, to be honest. But overall, the better story gives Ages enough of an edge to be placed higher on the list than Seasons. Not literally speaking, of course.

    Phantom Hourglass This game gets a bit of a bad rap, which I think is undeserved. Sure, it isn't ranked very high on the list, but it's actually really good! The dungeons are well-designed, the world is fun to explore and not too linear, Linebeck is one of the best companions Link has ever had, boat customization is loads of fun, it features a new villain and apparently a new plane of existence? It's fantastic! I don't really have any complaints to make about this game in general. But I don't think it's quite got what it takes to be a really 'great' game, just a very good one. Multiplayer is also really fun! Check this one out if you haven't before.

    Cadence of Hyrule Yeah, I'm including this one, because why not? This one is of course very different, being a Legend of Zelda spinoff of Crypt of the Necrodancer. But it's a lot of fun, so I simply recommend it on its fun value. It's not long, but there are plenty of ways you can make it worth replaying.

    Four Swords Adventures This game doesn't follow the traditional format, employing a never-before-seen level select system instead of strict progression. It's different, but not bad. The story is good, and the gameplay is loads of fun. It's unfortunately rather unpolished, and I feel it doesn't quite use what it has to its fullest extent, but it's honestly great fun to play with others if you can manage to get the thing running. I don't have any complaints about this game, other than its somewhat patchwork appearance. For a spinoff game that clearly cut some corners, it's also got some great music too, and a very good story.

    Hyrule Warriors Another spinoff! Hyrule Warriors is really great fun. Most people shy away from it due to how different it is, and the overt fanservice, but it's honestly great. It's completely different from any other game in this list though, because the emphasis is much more on unlocking things than it is on story, puzzle solving, or combat. As such, this isn't for all Zelda fans, but I personally enjoy it a lot, and it's one of the Zelda games I've logged the most hours into. The reason I haven't put it higher though is because I would be much less inclined to play it if I had to start over. Also note, this is one of only three games in the series that lets you actually play as Zelda (the others being Cadence and Spirit Tracks sort of), and the only one in which you can play as Ganondorf (and my GOD is playing as Ganondorf fun). I highly recommend it if you have a Switch. You can sink hundreds of hours into this game and still have much, much more left to do. It's a completionist's dream. I'll also gush a little about the character designs- Cia aside, this game has the BEST designs for our most beloved characters. While those borrowed from other games- Darunia, Zant, Young Links, etc.- have only slightly updated designs, the designers went absolutely nuts on Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. Link's outfit is my personal series favorite- actual chainmail, and that long flowing blue scarf, aaaaah!- Zelda is honestly the sexiest one we've had and has fantastic clothing design, Impa gets her coolest design here too, Sheik's is also subtly improved from Ocarina of Time, and MY. GODDESSES. GANONDORF. Look at that mane! He is just unbelievably badass! I wish we could have had this version of him in Smash, I will take this one over any other design he has ever gotten, honestly. So... cool!

    Triforce Heroes Now for something much more traditional. Triforce Heroes has hands-down some of the best puzzles in the entire series. The story is very short and not at all serious, and it eschews the typical method of progression by traversing the land to reach a dungeon, but it makes up for these by its unique and endlessly fun playstyle, many unlockables, challenge system, wacky hijinx, and its absolutely splendid soundtrack. Most fans will shy away from this entry to the series due to its difference from the originals and its dubious canonicity, but seriously, get this game. It's still active, and you can join the dedicated Discord for it to find other players looking for a party!

    Wind Waker Okay, so this is probably lower than some of you would like to see this entry on the list, but we're well into "great" territory now. Wind Waker is really a great game, and it's definitely in the "would play this through again" category. I honestly can't think of a solid reason I put it below the entries that are above it, it's just a matter of preference. I love everything about this game, truly. It's got the best Ganondorf we've ever had, some of the best music in the series, gorgeous visuals, and one of the better 3D Zelda combat systems. This one is considered a staple of the series for good reason!

    Breath of the Wild I'm a little biased against this one, because I have some ideas of what makes a Zelda game a Zelda game, and this one is missing a lot of them. I am not a fan of Link's redesign one bit- blue is a generic hero color, the tunic doesn't even look good, and he looks way better and more iconic with a hat- there are some iconic items the game would have been better with- hookshot, mainly- the story, albeit good, is very sparse- I wanted more!- and the exploration... well, the exploration is great- I'm a huge fan of Skyrim, myself- but it isn't Zelda. Exploration in Zelda is about opening up new areas, and the ability to climb on anything just doesn't sit right with me. I would have preferred this game if your travel was at least a little limited. I understand the philosophy that went into creating the game, but I think it's just a philosophy that doesn't match what's at the heart of the series. Don't get me wrong, Breath of the Wild is a great game, and I still play it very often just to explore, but I can't put it higher, because it's such an atypical entry to the series. And honestly, I hope it isn't an indication of where we're headed in the future. Exploration is at its best when you have limits to overcome.

    A Link to the Past The Granddaddy of the series. Nobody doesn't like this one. I really have nothing bad to say about this game. It was one of my first entries to the series, and it's amazing how good it is, being only the third entry. The developers really got their act together for this one. What would usually have been a long process of trial and error from Zelda 2 to a modern Zelda game was basically skipped over because they somehow managed to just get this one so right. It isn't perfect, with some rather cryptic instructions for progression, and some somewhat asinine puzzle designs, but it's stood the test of time for good reason. Its non-linearity has earned it endless praise, and it is all entirely deserved. There's also a shocking amount of non-story content that pads the game out. Seriously, it's great.

    Ocarina of Time I had a hard time choosing whether to put this one or A Link to the Past higher. They're both so well-deservedly iconic, yet in such different ways. They're apples and oranges. It could seriously go either way, they're both so good. I do agree a little with Egoraptor about the combat system, and I think that future 3D games did a great job improving it, but the introduction of the series to the 3D world was just so well-done. Again, they could have bumbled around, trying and failing to do things right for several games, but they managed to just nail this one on their first try. Truly spectacular, seriously.

    Skyward Sword This game deserved a lot of the praise it got in its early days, but also deserved a lot of the flack it got later on. Fi is the worst companion ever, and I could rant for days on end about how much I hate her. The motion controls were gimmicky, but occasionally well used. People complain about the linearity, and there is truth to it, but honestly, the game is just so fun anyways that it doesn't remotely bother me. This game has problems- big ones- but I feel it's so much fun regardless of these that it can honestly beat out some strong contenders like OoT and ALttP. The music is utterly fantastic, the environments are beautiful, Ghirahim is lots of fun, Groose is bae. This game has some of the series' biggest flaws, but its pros are so good despite that, that I have to put it here, just high enough to make my top 5.

    Twilight Princess I like Twilight Princess a little bit more than the previously mentioned games because I feel the world is just a little bit deeper. There are more interesting details in the environments, much larger areas to explore, more side-tasks to do, fishing... It's also got a wonderful, if more subdued soundtrack, and hands down the most badass Ganondorf in the series- excluding Hyrule Warriors. The story is deep, with some of the most fleshed-out supporting characters in any game. Midna is almost unanimously Link's best-loved companion, and for good reason, but we also get Ilia and Collin, and Zelda herself deserves praise for being the wisest, most honorable, and self-sacrificing iteration of the character to date. Link's design in this game is also one of my favorites in the series. An all-around fantastic games that, while not as groundbreaking as part entries, certainly look what was there and improved on it.

    Minish Cap I will admit, I generally prefer top-down Zelda games over 3D ones. I feel it gives the creators a more solid template, which they need to be more clever with, and not just flashier, to make into a great game. And I have to say, Minish cap is a stellar example of a top-down Zelda game. This one was the first game I ever 100%'d, and one of my childhood favorites. As such, I might be just a tad biased. Still, I stand by this ruling: Minish Cap is an underrated masterpiece. With one exception- you'll see which one- I think this is really the pinnacle of what 2D Zelda is. The story is fantastic, Zelda is a real character, Vaati has a real presence, the use of environment when you're Minish-sized is stunning, Ezlo is one of Link's most likable companions and experiences a great deal of growth, the items are used well, it's full of intriguing lore, Kinstone fusions are one of the best collectibles, it has some really standout pieces in its soundtrack, really, this game has it all! If you haven't played it yet, I envy you, because I wish I could experience it again. Now go out and do it! It's on Virtual Console!

    Majora's Mask Many people's favorite game, and for a long time it was mine too. What makes this game so great is its subversion. This is what Link's Awakening could have been. The eeriness of the music, the constant themes of death and loss, this is a dark game for this typically jovial series. I love it! The story is engaging, and there are so many side-stories too. The masks are the best collectible of the entire series, because of how unique getting each one is, and plus most of them will also help you get more collectibles like pieces of heart- and this game has a LOT of them, since there are only four dungeons! It's crazy how a game with only four dungeons can pack so much other stuff into it! Despite this, the game doesn't feel short at all, because there's almost always something new to do- and if you got all the collectibles, there's still the fishing pond- the best, most in-depth fishing minigame the entire series has to offer, too! Really, I don't think I even need to tell you why this game gets the #2 slot. It's just the obvious choice, isn't it?

    A Link Between Worlds A Link to the Past is already one of the Legend of Zelda's most acclaimed entries, and this is basically an improved remake of it! Granted, it doesn't quite have the same depth, such as the flute boy or the book of Mudora, but for the most part, this game is just a straight-up improvement over the original. But it's more than just a remake, this one comes with an upgrade: turning yourself into a painting. It's one single gimmick, but they manage to milk it for every last rupee it has to offer. It never felt like just a gimmick, and I always felt rewarded when I used it effectively. The puzzles in general felt like just the right level of obvious- easy enough you don't have to look it up, but hard enough that you still feel smart for figuring them out. Maiamais were a joy to collect, and I loved how you could hear them, and the map gave you a count by area- it was such a good way to handle it, and I hope they do something similar in the future. The story was certainly not the deepest the franchise had to offer, but every story beat still felt like it had weight. A particular character's betrayal was completely obvious, but I truly felt sorry for them as a character when they were betrayed in turn. Ravio's big reveal at the end actually blew my mind, and I openly cried at the ending- one of the best in the series, in my opinion. It was great, striking a balance between being simple enough that a child can understand it, and being well-written enough that an adult can appreciate it, like a Disney renaissance movie. Of course, I have to praise the music too- just fantastic, and the side distractions were also great- a cucco dodging minigame! It's brilliant! Not to mention it's open-world, but limited, like I mentioned with Breath of the Wild- no region is off-limits, but you need to use the item-buying system to really get everywhere. That was also a neat bit of innovation, but of course, it could have gone farther with the idea. Maybe in the future they will. As a result of all these great ideas with great execution coming together, I have to say that out of every Legend of Zelda game, A Link Between Worlds is the one I have to recommend most highly, and would look most forward to playing from scratch.

    So that's my ranking! What do you think? All in all, the Legend of Zelda series is just spectacular. It started off with some highly experimental games, but polished their formula in record time to produce a series with only two games I actually disliked. There's little wonder this series is so critically acclaimed. Here's to more brilliant adventures in the future of this series!

    submitted by /u/SupaStarDestroya
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] What mechanics or themes did you enjoy in earlier games that you'd like to see used again?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:41 AM PDT

    I really love the Songs of Power, and the Seven Sages in OoT was cool because it had a representative of all the Hyrule races and they worked together to defeat Ganon. I would also love to see more spirits of previous Links there to guide the current Link like they had in Twilight Princess.

    submitted by /u/lokishadowgirl
    [link] [comments]

    [OoT] I Finally got Ocarina of Time 3D

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 08:22 PM PDT

    YES! I finally got Ocarina of Time 3D, and I can't wait to play it. Everyone has told me it's one of the best if not best zelda game 😁😁😁

    submitted by /u/ElijahChahine
    [link] [comments]

    [ST] I made Link from Spirit Tracks in pixel art (its not great but I like it)

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 12:01 AM PDT

    [OoT] Kokiri Forest arranged for Woodwind Quintet.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 12:01 AM PDT

    [LA] A commission I made of the Wind Fish from LA for a friendly redditor

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 01:49 AM PDT

    [AoL] Acrylic painting of Zelda II intro

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    [BoTW] [MC] [WW] [ALL] First-ish Zelda Game?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    I've never been much into Zelda, I was always more of a Mario person. However, I've recently been playing through Minish Cap and I've been having a blast! I've heard how incredible BoTW is and I was thinking about starting there. Alternatively, I was thinking of picking up Wind Waker HD since I think the art style is so fantastic, and it reminds me a bit of Earthbound (my favorite game). Where would people recommend starting the series? Is BoTW too intense to dive straight into? Please let me know!

    submitted by /u/now_later_soon
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Could a Metroidvainia type Zelda Happen?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 12:02 AM PDT

    This may sound strange at first, but I really think Zelda in its current state would make an amazing 3D metroidvaina. First of all it wouldn't need to change much from its current formula, only making it so that getting the item happened as the reward for the boss (kinda like it does in BoTW with the champion's abilities) and allow those items to let you better travel the world and access new areas, fight enemies easier, or just give you new options in fighting enemies. I think breath of the wild could have gotten something out of this, giving you new runes or abilities as the game progressed allowing you to solve more puzzles and progress further, the great plateau would have vastly different shrines or just those shrines could have been further spread out. Personally I loved the feeling when first playing the game of traversing an areas of the plateau and seeing different things around, then getting a new rune and getting that "oh I can do that to this now!" Feeling that other Zelda games have you, like in ocarina when you get the golden gauntlets and heft you're the pillar and remember the pillar you saw outside the castle looked about the same, and get rewarded for using this new ability. I understand why BoTW was the way it was, they wanted you to be able to explore everywhere from the start, but I have long loved the feeling in games like hollow knight or castlevainia or bloodstained when the world, that's already so vast, just keeps getting bigger the more abilities I get, it makes puzzle solving part of the exploration and not just a side activity, it gives you a personal reason to seek out new abilities, rather than plot reasons (and more puzzles than can my stamina last long enough to climb this?).

    submitted by /u/Chimera64000
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] We finally got direct mini confirmed, anyone got any Zelda predictions here?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 10:09 PM PDT

    Now that Nintendo Finally told us were getting a direct mini, my question, what do you think we're gonna get out of it that's Zelda related, I'm looking for a botw 2 trailer, not even a in depth one, just something. I also am thinking maybe some HD ports to switch. What do you guys say?

    submitted by /u/AIphaJPM
    [link] [comments]

    [OoT] Creation of Hyrule

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 10:45 PM PDT

    Anyone else wondering when we'll see Nayru, Din, or Farore? The Sacred Realm has to be around here somewhere....

    submitted by /u/SirSlush19
    [link] [comments]

    [OoS] 2020 Zelda Playthrough- Oracle of Seasons

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 02:40 PM PDT

    I've decided to make 2020 my year of Zelda- I am going to play through and beat every entry of the series that I haven't done yet. Since I began I've beaten Hyrule Warriors, Triforce Heroes, Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword, Link's Awakening, the original Legend of Zelda, and Zelda II. Today I beat Oracle of Seasons- the last game left, aside from FS and FSA. Here are my thoughts!

    First off, I'm not an official reviewer or anything, just a big fan of the series. This is all just my opinion, and I rate based simply on how fun I found an aspect of the game. I do have some comments to make that have some basis in actual game design theory, but for the most part, these are just thoughts, and no more.

    I played Oracle of Ages a long time ago, but at the time I didn't feel like playing Seasons. The concept of 'ages' seemed so much more interesting than 'seasons', so I just figured I'd ignore it. That's why, during this 2020 Zelda completion playthrough, this is the only Oracle game I had to tackle. Was I wrong to put if off? Well, let's see.

    Oracle of Seasons was a good game. Not great, especially by the series' standard, but good. If you want to know a quintessential entry to the series, this is probably the one I would point to. The Oracle series in general isn't exactly innovative, and rarely holds any surprises, so I don't really have too much to say.

    Gameplay is really standard for the series. It follows the pattern set by A Link to the Past and stick to the formula set by Link's Awakening- a game this one bears many, many similarities to. It really only contains three things that make it stand out from LA: the rings, the secrets function, and the seasons. Outside of that, it's the same assets repurposed for a new story- and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that! I actually wish Nintendo would do this again, it would really help fill the Zelda drought we have these days. (And on that subject, I would totally be in favor of an Oracle series re-release for the Switch using LA Switch's assets!)

    I don't have much to say regarding the secret function. I didn't use it, but I get the gist of how it works, and it's not a bad idea at all. I love the thought of gaining the benefits of the previous game you played- not enough games have this. It's really neat! And I wish we could see something like this done again. I think it's basically used to its fullest, and I would love to have it done in a more streamlined, account/internet-based system in a Switch remake. I know The Completionist would have a field day with it!

    The rings are a neat addition too. They're like the masks from Majora's Mask, but with less story and more versatility. Upgrading the ring box also allows you to plan ahead really well, like grabbing a ring that will protect you from cracked floors before doing a dungeon full of the stuff. You can also make the game more difficult for yourself with something like the Cursed Ring, or challenge yourself with a Ring of Power. I think there's a lot of potential these games didn't reach with the ring system, but what is there is very good. Of course, there are plenty of outright useless ones, and some that are just there for completions' sake, but there's nothing wrong with that. To be honest though, as great as these are design-wise, I didn't find them all that fun. I usually found myself forgetting the rings even existed at all. But for what it's worth, I would love to see them make a return in a future game.

    Before I tackle the seasons mechanic, let's talk a bit about this game's sister: Ages. These two seem to target different qualities in their design philosophies. Ages had by far the better story of the two, and generally better puzzles. Seasons, by contrast, focused more on combat, and had some of the best overworld traversal of any Zelda game, in my opinion. I'm generally not a combat guy, so Ages has the clear leg up here, but I was amazed by how fun I found it to be, just reaching each dungeon. I enjoyed getting to them more than I enjoyed actually doing them! And the seasons mechanic is the reason. As cool as the idea of time travel is, the ability to change the seasons is truly used to its fullest extent in this game. The way the developers designed the overworld to require seasonal changes to produce different effects was just brilliant! Vines grow in the summer, snow piles up and water freezes in the winter, flowers bloom in the spring, leaves fall and mushrooms grow in the fall- it's just fantastic. Most Zelda games will allow you to progress as you gain items, but in Seasons, you get that, plus the use of the four seasons, and I am thoroughly impressed by how they mapped everything out they way they did. This approach to designing the overworld is one of the things that makes the Legend of Zelda my favorite gaming franchise, and is something I sorely missed in Breath of the Wild- sandbox exploration is great, but it's not Zelda. So yeah, Ages had this too, but it was halved by the fact you can only travel between two ages, whereas seasons has 4 seasons- just do the math, Seasons has the better deal here. Seasons honestly has some of, if not the best, overworld traversal of any Zelda title.

    But I wouldn't say that's enough to make it a truly great game. The dungeons were good, but not a standout in the franchise. The story was childish, especially next to Ages. And to be honest, I frequently found myself stopping and doing something else because I was getting bored. Unlocking the dungeons was by far the most fun part of the game, so whenever I actually reached the dungeon I usually chose that as a stopping point for the day- something I could never do in OoT, TP or ALBW. As such, this game is only middling among the series as a whole, and loses out to Oracle of Ages overall. It's a good game, and I have a feeling I would thoroughly enjoy a remake on the Switch, but in a series full of truly great games, it just can't compare.

    So now I've played every game in the series, and beaten every one that doesn't require multiplayer. Based on my current feeling, here is my ranking of the whole series, based on which I would prefer to play over another:

    LBW, MM, MC, SS, OoT, LttP, BotW, TP, WW, TH, HW, CoH, OoA, OoS, LA, PH, ST, LoZ, AoL

    Now that I've finished my playthrough, I'm going to work on a separate post wherein I rank every game, and explain briefly why I put them where I put them. Until then, may the triforce be with you.

    submitted by /u/SupaStarDestroya
    [link] [comments]

    [SS] Does anyone have know the durability of each of the shields in Skywards Sword?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 01:50 AM PDT

    I mean the amount of hits each can take before they break, both the base durability and each level of each shields'a upgrade. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Mikecirca81
    [link] [comments]

    [OTHER] Trying zelda on an android emulator, need help deciding.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 01:10 AM PDT

    I've completed Botw on pc. Now I'd like to play zelda on android. I only have 3 options, what should I play first?

    Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, A link to the Past.

    submitted by /u/Mrp1Plays
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] What's your guys favourite Zelda game.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 04:04 AM PDT

    Not sure if this is asked a lot but I'm just curious. Mine would definitely be Majora's Mask as that was my first Zelda game and I just love the aesthetic and masks. What's your guys favourite?

    submitted by /u/oiscia07
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW]Which game should I play after breath of the wild? Breath of the wild is my first ever zelda game.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment