• Breaking News

    Monday, September 14, 2020

    The Legend of Zelda | Today is Self-Post Sunday. Only self-posts are allowed to encourage discussion of the games themselves.

    The Legend of Zelda | Today is Self-Post Sunday. Only self-posts are allowed to encourage discussion of the games themselves.


    Today is Self-Post Sunday. Only self-posts are allowed to encourage discussion of the games themselves.

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 05:00 AM PDT

    Self-Post Sundays are our main discussion day. On those days we only allow text posts directly about the games themselves.

    This means no images, videos, etc. If you want more discussion of all things Zelda we suggest subscribing to /r/TrueZelda where every day it's text only.

    Want more Zelda today?

    How about you join our Official Partnered Discord here or visit one of these Zelda related subs to post your non-text only content.

    submitted by /u/ZeldaMod
    [link] [comments]

    [BOTW] [Spoiler] I just finished the Champion's Ballad DLC, aaaaand...

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 02:45 PM PDT

    Did anyone else feel like the motorcycle sucks thematically? Don't get me wrong, I liked the rest of the DLC, especially the end fight. That was hella fun.

    But the motorcycle? On top of the switch (my switch, anyway) not being able to go above 15fps when using it, it just doesn't feel... zelda-y whatsoever.

    I grew up with the games starting with LTTP and OoT, and the appeal to me was always the fantasy of Hyrule.

    Even in BOTW, where the temples are huge manmade machines that you interact with on your sheikah slate, it felt different. It really felt like ancient advanced technology.

    But a motorcycle? It just doesn't fit, imo. It would be like giving you a gun as a rune.

    Apparently you're supposed to refuel it and stuff, but I dont think I'm using it any more than the two minutes I already have. DLC worth it for content alone, but the end result sucks. I'll be looking at the picture more than I will the cycle.

    submitted by /u/Ragnaroasted
    [link] [comments]

    [BOTW] Just finished the game for the first time..

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 05:30 PM PDT

    I loved the game but the boss fights including calamity ganon felt so underwhelming. Like it didn't feel rewarding to beat them after solving the puzzles, hoping that the dlc can give me that sense of accomplishment

    submitted by /u/Walker_402
    [link] [comments]

    [AoC] Theory On The Sheikah Slate Controversy

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 06:41 PM PDT

    Ever since Age of Calamity had been announced, I've heard fans point out that Zelda uses the Sheikah Slate as her weapon of choice. This creates a bit of continuity error between the two games because at the time that this game takes place the Sheikah Slate shouldn't yet have the runes as they need to be earned by Link at the beginning of BotW.

    The developers obviously sacrificed a very small story contradiction in favor of making Zelda a fun playable character in this game. With that being said I've come up with a plausible solution within the narrative of BotW to explain how Zelda could use the Sheikah Slate during Age of Calamity.

    Let's start off with Links memories. We clearly see Zelda using functionalities on the Slate such as camera and map. When Link wakes up though these runes are missing. This leads me to believe that maybe the Slate was damaged in battle 100 years prior during the Great Calamity and knocked out the runes.

    There's no evidence that the other runes like magnesis, stasis, cryonis, and bombs weren't always there, we just didn't see them being used. But when Link wakes up 100 years later the Slate is damaged and needs to have the runes reinstalled on there by each of the shrines on the Great Plateau. Then the rest of the Slates functionalities fixed by Purah in Hateno Village.

    Thank you for reading and I hope you've enjoyed.

    submitted by /u/4LaSor
    [link] [comments]

    [AoC] A Hero and A Pot Lid

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    "As part of The Champions' Ballad DLC, a story is told in Daruk's Training Journal where Link encounters an out of control Guardian. During a test, the Guardian lost control and started to shoot out deadly beams. Link grabbed a nearby Pot Lid and performed a Perfect Guard, deflecting the beam back at the Guardian, defeating it. This caught the eye of the King Rhoam, which led to Link being appointed the guard of Princess Zelda." -Zelda Dungeon

    I really hope we get to see this in Age of Calamity either in a cutscene or in a playable setting.

    submitted by /u/4LaSor
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW] Friend:So what did you do in quarantine? Me:

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 12:19 AM PDT

    [TP] Are Telma and Louise named after the movie Thelma and Louise?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 10:34 PM PDT

    I just learned that there was a movie in 1991 called Thelma and Louise that seems like quite the coincidence. I Googled around a bit, but I could find any sources saying that that's where their names came from, but it just seems like too much of a coincidence.

    submitted by /u/okthenquatro
    [link] [comments]

    [MM] Allow me to share my qualms with Majora’s Mask and how it’s changed over time

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 06:24 PM PDT

    The year is 2000. I'm 12 years old and I've been playing Ocarina of Time over and over again for the last two years. I saw (what I thought was) a "sequel" coming out and I could hardly contain my excitement. So I pick the game up and pop it in.

    I'm ten minutes into the game, and I just start to get sad. I notice every single character in the game is just recycled from Ocarina of Time. I don't see originality whatsoever. On top of that, being 12, I struggled so much with the three-days-then-restart thing. I gave it a chance a few separate times, but just couldn't do it. I had been waiting for a sequel for two years and was so gravely disappointed. Side note: I did like Clock Town and the other areas that I did explore and the darker theme that MM had to offer.

    Fast forward many many years in the future. OoT remains as my favorite game of all time. Yet, I have come across people time and time again who have told me that MM is a better game than OoT. I begin to feel like I didn't give it enough of a shot. As an adult, I felt like I needed to try again. And boy, am I glad I did.

    It was a very redemptive experience for me. Sure, the timing feature was still difficult, but that's what made the game exciting. And then I also found out/realized that this game takes place in an alternate parallel universe to OoT, which is why the characters were all reused. Personally, I still think that was just a cop out explanation for Nintendo quickly producing a follow up game and not making new characters. But it is what it is.

    I know think that Majora's Mask is #4 in my ranking of LoZ games I enjoy playing the most, which has been a big flip.

    What was your initial play through of MM like? Was it similar or did you immediately enjoy/love it?

    submitted by /u/nathanxevans
    [link] [comments]

    [MC] Trailer for Legend Of Zelda: Minish Cap on the Game Boy Advance

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 01:14 AM PDT

    [OoT] Anyone know what that noise Bongo Bongo makes during the boss fight, does it mean anything or is it just some weird noise they added and has no meaning?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 10:21 PM PDT

    Just finished the shadow temple and was curious if those noises meant anything

    submitted by /u/Tomuchtoask456
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW] I realised something today.

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 10:33 AM PDT

    Hudson and Rhondson will most likely only have daughters if they have kids. They will never have sons, despite how much Hudson is obsessed with the name-ending "son".

    Edit: I accidentally wrote Bolson lmao

    submitted by /u/OllKorrect425
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] How would you have updated certain boss fights?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    The Zelda series has some GREAT boss fights, but some of them feel like they could be improved with just a little addition.

    Take Twinrova in OoT for an example. The concept is solid, the boss fight is a very memorable one, but if I had to be honest, I'm let down by how easy she is. Her attacks are slow and far too predictable. What would've been a good addition is if she were to mix up her attacks every so often (i.e. she winds up fire, but then throws ice at you in a "Fooled You!" fakeout) or have at least one attack that is unblockable and requires you to dodge. That'd have made the fight a lot better without making it frustrating.

    Another one I'd improve would be Armogohma from TP. This fight, while sure to give some people arachnophobia, wasn't hard or very inspired. Being a giant spider, you'd think Armogohma would use some webbing as attacks, either spraying it on parts of the battlefield to slow you down or spraying it on the statues so you have to burn the webs before you can use the Dominion Rod on them.

    You get the idea, right? What would you do to improve certain boss fights to make them more fun without making them too frustrating?

    submitted by /u/darkdill
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW] Is BOTW Link the same person as any of the other Links?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 08:45 PM PDT

    So i know for the most part, every game you are playing as a different person who just so happens to be named Link and look the same etc, with a few exceptions like Ocarina and Majora's being the same kid. Is the BOTW Link the same Link from any of the previous games?

    submitted by /u/hakuenRL
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Favorite/Least Favorite Minigames!

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 08:26 PM PDT

    Zelda minigames have always been one of my favorite, often overlooked, aspects present in almost all Zelda games. I recently have beaten Fledge's Pumpkin Shooting Gallery, and hated it. Out of all Zelda shooting galleries this one is the only one I have had to beat by "cheating". The common opinion was you had to shoot right after he threw the gourd, not lead your shots like the game wants. Conversely, Rickety Rails was a ton of fun once I stopped turning the wiimote too far. The motion controls actually contributed to the sense of speed and unsteadiness making it super fun and unique.

    This is all to ask you for your favorite and least favorite Zelda minigames. I only gave SS examples because I am currently playing it, but you can pick from the entire series. Thanks for the discussion guys!

    submitted by /u/Greatest_Jagras
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment