• Breaking News

    Monday, November 30, 2020

    The Legend of Zelda | Today is Self-Post Sunday. Only self-posts are allowed to encourage discussion of the games themselves.

    The Legend of Zelda | Today is Self-Post Sunday. Only self-posts are allowed to encourage discussion of the games themselves.


    Today is Self-Post Sunday. Only self-posts are allowed to encourage discussion of the games themselves.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 05:00 AM PST

    Self-Post Sundays are our main discussion day. On those days we only allow text posts directly about the games themselves.

    This means no images, videos, etc. If you want more discussion of all things Zelda we suggest subscribing to /r/TrueZelda where every day it's text only.

    Want more Zelda today?

    How about you join our Official Partnered Discord here or visit one of these Zelda related subs to post your non-text only content.

    submitted by /u/ZeldaMod
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] My story about how I found out about Legend of Zelda

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 09:36 PM PST

    This is my story of how I was introduced to this gaming franchise. Since next year will be the 35th year of the series I thought I would make a little flash back.

    It all started on a cold rainy day in January 2018 I had left over money from Christmas and I wanted the game called Pokémon Tournament DX, which was a good looking game at the time. Me and my Dad went to game stop looking for the game in GameStop. As we walked around, my Dad pointed out a game called Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild and said that one of his friend's son loved the game (he is about my age). I said "Maybe" and we continued walking around the store. We looked and looked but realized that they did not have the game. Me not wanting to go home empty handed I decided to try something new and got Botw.

    As soon as I saw the starting cut scene when you look over all of Hyrule I immediately fell in love with the game. The art style, the open world, the story so far, it was everything that I wanted from a game. Not even caring about how long it took me to finish the story I explored messed around and had a crap ton a fun doing it.

    As soon as I finished exploring and playing Botw I immediately started looking into other games 2 that caught my eyes where A Link Between Worlds and Majora's Mask ( I do not have a Game Cube so my options where limited ) and I played the crap out of both of them. Fast forward to 2020 I have become a diehard fan and I can't wait to get the new game. The sort of prequel to the thing that kicked it all off of me.

    Author's note

    Ok so I know it's not the best of stories and when your brain looks back at things late at night you begin to realize how much you love something. Also I know some people may be somewhat angry because I started with Botw and not like Skyward Sword or anything. Bc I always thought that Legend of Zelda was for the older kids like 15 year olds ( I was 12 at the time I got my switch) so I was kinda nervous about getting it for some reason. Also I am NOT doing this for karma I just wanted to bring back some peoples memories or have a chat with out they got into the series.

    • if I spelt anything wrong it's probably due to the fact that autocorrect on a phone can be stupid sometimes
    submitted by /u/xXToxic-WolfXx
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW] Master Sword with long throw

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 10:43 PM PST

    So this happened ages ago, but hasn't been fixed at all. In my master mode file on BoTW the master sword has the long throw bonus on it and now whenever throwing beams from the sword they just fly backwards... any explanation or fix to this at all?

    Video HERE

    Its not really an issue, just confusing

    submitted by /u/DantePressF
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Should A Zelda Noob (me) who hasn't played a second of Zelda ever, get BOTW

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 10:36 AM PST

    I want people's honest opinion, is botw a good game worth getting, if you have never played Zelda, and if not should I get Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/The_Memeist_1000
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] I saw someone tell their Zelda story so I though I would share mine

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 11:08 PM PST

    This isn't a weird or wild story so it's fine if you scroll

    It started in 2015 when I had just recently gotten my first and still only Ds. It was a 3Ds that my uncle gave me when we were visiting him. Later that year for Christmas my grandpa gave me The Legend Of Zelda Majoras Mask. I loved this game. However. As an 11 year old with pretty little attention span, I got past the wood fall dungeon but got stuck on snow head. I would play on and off for a few years. Then in January 2018 I heard about the Nintendo switch. And I have no clue why I was so interested. I mean I wasn't a big Nintendo fan at the time. Had a wii and 3ds. That's it. But for some reason I wanted this more than anything so I saved up all my money. And for my 14th birthday I had my mom take me to target and I bought a Nintendo switch and The legend of Zelda BOTW. I dont know what made me pick BOTW over Mario Odyssey but I did. I knew I wanted this game and had managed to avoid my bad habit of watching a play through of a video game before I buy it. And I love this game. Still do. I have played through 100% at least 3 times and have around 900 hours on it. I did end up going back about a year ago and beat majoras mask with help from Zelda Master on YouTube. I got links awakening and absolutely love that game. I need to go play link to the past a bit more to. I just recently got Ocarina of time for my 3Ds using a coupon and am completing my first play through. Although I still think BOTW is my favorite game of all time I really really enjoy OoT. Either I'm more persistent or the dungeons are easier but I can complete the dungeons with "relative" ease. So yeah. Sorry for the long and boring story but I wanted to share because this series and community is so much more than just a game.

    submitted by /u/VVsleekman
    [link] [comments]

    [LOZ] Anyone else want a game set before Zelda 1 and see how Ganon was revived?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 12:05 AM PST

    Title is pretty clear, we know in the oracle games he's revived by Koume and Kotake from OOT and that he wasn't really revived right. He lost all of his mental capabilities he had when he was Ganondorf from OOT and Ganon from ALTTP and we still see that in the newest game in the downfall timeline ALBW. But somehow he's regained his intelligence and is able to plot out and take over hyrule in Zelda 1, but what I want to see is a game set before hand, possibly still with Zelda and Link since he could just be revived and sealed again only to come back in Zelda 1 some time later. I still doubt he's the mindless beast we saw in the oracle games since all we really saw from those games was him fighting link and saying a handful of words, in Zelda 1 he's obviously not as mindless as we think since he's able to take over hyrule, capture the princess without the urge to just killer and send his minions to find the pieces of the triforce of wisdom. Again it's clear he's regained some level of intelligence to lead and army and get the triforce of power. I think it'd be interesting because it's clear he's always had people that want to bring him back either willingly like Koume and Kotake or for his power like in ALBW. It would bring in new characters if they choose to have someone who isn't just Ganon in disguise bringing him back to life and we'd explore a new hyrule setting, one that has never been seen given how different hyrule is from Zelda 1 and ALTTP.

    Perhaps BOTW is set before Zelda 1 and is the precursor to Ganon in Zelda 1 having been reborn as the Ganondorf we see in the BOTW2 trailer. Nah probably not haha, though that would explain how he's regained some level of intelligence in Zelda 1

    submitted by /u/Bigfoot_samurai
    [link] [comments]

    [OTHER] The Cyclopedia of Zelda

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 09:26 PM PST

    I picked this up on Craigslist a few months ago but I haven't been able to find any information about it online. The seller said they received it from somebody at Namco if I remember correctly? The text inside is all Japanese which I can't read so it's not very helpful, but it does have pictures of 2D gameplay inside. Has anybody seen this before or know of who I could talk to in hopes of finding out more about it?

    https://imgur.com/gallery/vOoSVp7

    submitted by /u/ycpeng
    [link] [comments]

    [LAHD] In your opinion is Link's Awakening one of the darkest in the series?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 10:58 PM PST

    I just played through the remake again and paying more attention to the story it seems like it's quietly one of the darker games in the series.

    There is no princess to save. No pig demon or crazy wizard to kill. No real kingdom to save. Link just wakes up in an island and his whole quest revolves around him going home.

    None of inhabitants on Koholint Island thank Link for his help. In fact he isn't helping them at all. The further along you go in the story you realize Link is an outsider disturbing them. Several of the bosses warn Link that if he wakes the Wind Fish the island and everyone on it will simply vanish. Link doesn't care and continues on his journey. Even when they legit beg him to stop Link doesn't seem to care. Link's silence in this game doesn't come off as heroic. In this one he comes off as somewhat egotistical and selfish.

    When Link wakes the Wind Fish everything is indeed gone. Everyone on Koholint Island. Marin, who took a real liking in Link. All gone. It had a little bit of a bittersweet end to it.

    A lot of people consider Majora's Mask the darkest in the series. For good reason. After playing Link's Awakening I think it comes neck and neck to it. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/renegade_yankee
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] The List of Zelda games that I beat this year in order and my rating for them... And it’s a very good list!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 11:58 AM PST

    1. Darkest Tone: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D: 9.5/10
    2. Best Music: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds: 9/10
    3. Most Enjoyed Playthrough: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) : 10/10
    4. Most Bittersweet: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) 9/10
    5. Best Plot Twists: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity: 9/10
    submitted by /u/WildFireVance30
    [link] [comments]

    [AoC] How is the game?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 06:48 PM PST

    I was thinking of getting this game for christmas but i have two question.

    1. The thing im sure everyone is talking about is the fps issues. Are they that bad? Like are they debilitatingly bad? Any planned patches? I want a good experience with this game.

    2. How is the story? Is it well written?

    3. How is the difficulty and length? I know some of those warriors games can get wuite lengthy with their bonus content. And some of that bonus content can get difficult. Is that the case here? I like a good challenge.

    submitted by /u/The_Purest_Boi
    [link] [comments]

    [BoTW] [HWAoC] How old is link/zelda, and should I buy a Zelda game?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 10:08 AM PST

    Hi, I have never played a Zelda game, and people are saying all over the internet that BoTW and Hyrule Warriors age of calamity are really good games. I have no knowledge of Zelda, so if I just start off, will it make sense to me? And if so, which game? And If Hyrule Warriors is 100 years before BoTW, how is link still alive? Or can you like live forever in the Zelda universe or something? I don't know. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/aryantheboi
    [link] [comments]

    [BOTW2] wanna know what's exciting about BOTW2?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 10:51 AM PST

    We don't even know what to expect. With botw we had some sort of idea because we have a few teasers and interviews of the development team saying they were motivated by skyrim and how the map was based on tokyo. We had a few looks at the game from 2014 until the release date. This time we are expecting something like botw but better, and that's the thing, we don't know anything else.

    Yeah we expect dungeons but how big? Or how are they going to mix the botw gameplay with dungeons? The story will be exciting but it's in the gameplay part that Nintendo always shine. Since the 35 anniversary is next year, we probably gonna see a teaser or official trailer this year, maybe at the game awards or a final nintendo direct. I would love if they focus on a story trailer and leave everything about the gameplay as a surprise.

    submitted by /u/ShadowJoyConBoy
    [link] [comments]

    [OoT] 3 heart run no deaths?!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 03:57 PM PST

    I'm debating doing a zelda [OoT] stream soon and was wondering if anyone would want to join in and watch?! Itd be great to have talk there. Let me know what you think!

    submitted by /u/RPGeneric
    [link] [comments]

    [TH] how many people still play Triforce Heroes?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 01:34 AM PST

    I don't have two other friends who play this game so I don't have it anymore. But dose anyone still play Triforce Heroes? I feel like it died a few months after it came out.

    submitted by /u/NebbyChan
    [link] [comments]

    [AoC] Is Age of Calamity canon?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 09:43 PM PST

    I keep getting two different sides: one side says it's taking place in an alternate continuity, meaning BOTW never happend but Nintendo is building it up as a direct prequel to Breath of the Wild. I'm absolutely confused; so are they pulling an Ocrania of Time thing again where one single event creates a different timeline? Or is Age of Calamity not canon and Nintendo completely screwed up the story?

    submitted by /u/Birdygamer19
    [link] [comments]

    [BOTW] old BoTW commercial

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 09:29 PM PST

    "Old" might not be the right word but there was one commercial from before the switch came out for BoTW specifically and I can't find it (I think I'm going insane). I don't remember the order of events except for the end:

    it had Link riding a sand seal, running from a hinox, and fighting a guardian, before going to a red screen showing the switch, controllers, and the price and release date and Link is on the tv screen riding away from bokoblins on horseback (the bokoblins and Link were both on horseback). The song that played in the background the whole time was "Believer" by Imagine Dragons.

    Can someone PLEASE help me find this commercial? I can't find it anywhere and I think I'm going mad.

    submitted by /u/UmbpeonYT
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Noobie question

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 01:08 AM PST

    I am absolutely new to this franchise and was wondering which game between Ocarina of time, Twilight princess and BoTW was the best one to start with. Im only interested in getting into the story arc as smoothly as possible.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/flex3604
    [link] [comments]

    [MM]Ice Keese Locations in Majora's Mask? Besides the path to snowhead

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 07:04 PM PST

    Know any locations for caves?

    Doing some recording, and rather not use the same bat over and over again.

    submitted by /u/retrocheats
    [link] [comments]

    [AoC] Is there any possibility for Terrako merch or products?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 04:14 PM PST

    I love the little egg baby. Terrako is a shining star in this bleak year. I want to protect it. I want to see it grow up. I want to keep it safe. All those memes. My question is, seeing as it's technically a third party game and Nintendo do isn't exactly "in charge" of Age of Calamity, could we ever see Terrako merch? I think little plush might be cute, and action figures would be great! Maybe if we just pester Nintendo relentlessly on Twitter...

    submitted by /u/flying_goldfish_tier
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment